Richmond Christian School
Permanent part-time, 0.6 FTE
BC Teacher certification required
Richmond Christian School is located in Richmond BC, a suburb of Vancouver. The school exists on three campuses; Elementary, Middle and Secondary. With over one thousand students and 160 faculty and staff, RCS is well known and respected for providing a quality Christ-centred education. We recently celebrated our 60th Anniversary and anticipate continued growth and development.
RCS is pleased to provide a salary grid that is competitive with the local school district, a strong pension plan, and other perks and benefits, such as a three-week Christmas vacation, Master’s bursary program, and an employee laptop purchase plan, which support the school’s mission and values. RCS embraces the BC Education Plan and strives to be a collaborative and innovative learning community. Salaries and benefits for the various postings are commensurate with education and experience.
About the Position
- Coordinate the new Career Life Education courses for grades 11 & 12 including the Capstone Project.
- Book, set up, advertise, organize students and schedule for the PSI (Post-Secondary Institutions) Fair and the Christian Colleges and Universities Fair.
- Know and maintain contact with our reps at all the universities to help our students navigate the inquiry and admissions process.
- AP Coordinator and is solely responsible for all AP communication, registration, exam administration, audit and access to and distribution of data. Share information about SAT and ACT registration and exam taking with students and parents.
- Follows up with all students not having the courses required to graduate
- Upload marks from all summer school and Online courses
- Prepare the materials for the Course Selection Evening and present them to parents. Meet with parents and students to advise and recommend courses.
- Schedule, advertise, set-up, meet with the university reps and communicate with students and parents the dates of upcoming visits.
- Send information about scholarships to students and parents, arrange for scholarship information sessions, and support students in completing their applications.
- For scholarships where RCS can select our nominees, inform student and parents of the Scholarship opportunity, solicit applications from students, with the principal select our nominee(s), inform the students who have applied, and communicate our selection to the Scholarship Committee
- Prepare a paper transcript for all graduated students, upon request from universities.
- Organize an interview day with all grade 12s with the business professionals.
- Attend the Counsellor Information Days at all (or as many as possible) of the local universities and keep updated on all the changing admission policies. Maintain relationships with universities in the rest of Canada to ensure we receive their information.
- All administration, registration, enrollment, and follow-up for Apprenticeship courses. This includes meeting with employers to discuss the educational program, inspecting the work-site and getting the contracts signed by employer, student, student’s parents and me. This also involved meeting with parents to make sure they understand the Apprenticeship program. Enrol the student with the ITA.
- Meet with students once every two weeks to review their work logs and discuss learning and progress.
- All administration, enrolment, and follow-up for students in Work Experience courses. This includes meeting with the prospective supervisor, visiting the job site and assessing it for safety issues, help creating a learning program with the supervisor, getting feedback from the supervisor each quarter for reporting purposes.
- Meet with the student once every two weeks to review their job log and discuss their learning.
- For students applying to go to school in the United States, fill in the School Information, student information, counselor recommendation and upload a transcript to the Common Application site for each student.
How to Apply:
Email your Resume and Statement of Faith to Mr. Derrick Mohamed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we truly appreciate your interest in Richmond Christian School, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.