ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to the Advancement Office (0.6)
Langley Christian School is currently accepting applications for the position of ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to the Advancement Office, commencing August 20, 2018. This is a 0.6 contract position based around the school calendar (end of August – first week of July) with the possibility to extend into a permanent role after a one year evaluation.
As a member of the LCS Advancement Office, the ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT reports to the Director of Advancement and works collaboratively with the LCS Advancement Team. Playing a key role in community statistics and data, fundraising campaigns and surveys.
He/she will be responsible for the input and management of data in the LCS database, maintenance of the enrolment grid, the creation and maintenance of all online forms, the development, distribution and reporting of annual surveys sent out by LCS administration, tracking and reporting of all and activities and donations related to fundraising campaigns and events as well as other duties as assigned by the LCS Director of Advancement or Superintendent.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
COMMUNITY STATS & DATA:
CMS (iSchool Manager):
- Maintains current families, students, staff, past students, alumni, alumni families,
grandparents, church relationships, etc.
- Maintains organizational relationships
- Tags volunteers for events
- Tracks information as needed for all community and fundraising events
- Tracks relationships between people
- Tracks relationships between people and organizations
- Reconciles donations/receipts after events
- Sends Your Application is Complete email to applicants
- Sends Welcome to LCS email to accepted families
- Sends Re-enrolment & Tuition Invoice letters to Current Families through the CMS
- Maintains family membership in CMS
- Emails invitation to Membership 101 to non-member families
- Assembles Membership 101 packages
- Prints current membership list for LCS Society Meetings
- Sends out the following surveys annually: Departing Families, Alumni Parents and Graduates
- Prints the survey responses for the Superintendent, Director of Advancement and Administrators
- Develops custom surveys as needed
- Manages registration grid
- Maintains and reconciles the registration grid to actual enrolment
- Reconciles the registration grid to the invoicing grid with Bookkeeper as needed
COMMUNITY EVENTS & FUNDRAISING:
LCS Dinner + Auction: February
- Provides support for auction committee as needed
- Handles all incoming product, service and cash donations through CMS
- Produces the silent and live lists, bid sheets,
- Supervises check in and check out processes & volunteers.
- Reconciles revenues and prepares tax receipting for Business Office
LCS Annual Fund: ongoing
- Enters donations as received into CMS
- Reconciles charitable tax donations with Business Office
- Forwards donation information to the Director of Advancement for acknowledgements
LCS Golf Tournament: September
- Provides support for golf committee as needed
As LCS moves forward with a capital campaign of any kind, the Administrative Assistant will assist the Director of Advancement with all stages of the campaign as needed.
This will include use of the Capital Campaign Module in iSchool, data entry and tracking of campaign earnings, organization and tracking of volunteers, donor communication and providing reports as requested. Additional duties to be determined at the time of campaign.
Advancement Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience in administration
- Detail oriented, highly organized, a self-starter and a problem-solver
- Possess enthusiasm, passion, and a strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PP)
- Has a strong skill set focused around capturing and interpreting data
- Experience working for a large school / non-profit in a role related to data management & tracking
- A positive collaborator
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, actively engaged in a faith community
- Passionate belief in the Mission, Vision and Values of Langley Christian School
To make application, please send a cover letter, a current résumé and a statement of faith directly to:
Mr. David O’Dell | LCS Superintendent
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications will be received until the position has been filled.
Langley Christian School has adopted a Community Standards Policy. A copy is available upon request.