Administrative Assistant / International Students Program
White Rock Christian Academy is seeking a candidate for an Administrative Assistant / International Students Program position for the 2019-2020 school year.
Our desire is for an Assistant who loves being part of a collaborative team, to serve our school community in promoting our school’s mission statement as it is lived out in our student’s lives. Working with the Main Office, Development Office and International Student Program, you thrive managing a variety of projects, multitasking and interacting with the school community.
If you would like to be a part of our dynamic staff team glorifying God through Christian education, please email a cover letter, resume, statement of faith and references, attention Director of Administration, Sam Rehman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible to: Chief Administrative Officer
Administrative Assistant / International Student Program Responsibilities: Is the lead support role to the Main Office, Development Office, and International Student Program
Main Office Responsibilities:
- Together with the Receptionist, to act as the first point of contact with the school community; performing essential front desk administrative duties while providing high levels of customer service to visitors, students, parents and staff by managing phone calls, inquiries, taking messages, transferring calls etc.
- To administer first aid as needed
Development Office Responsibilities:
- To support the Director of Development with WRCA’s donor cycle
- To keep track of request for visits as well as actual visits in WRCA’s donor database
- To assist with the design and preparation of mailouts for the Capital Campaign newsletter
- To promote events via postcards, Mailchimp, School newsletter etc.
- To provide administrative support for WRCA’s annual Gala:
- Provide minutes of meetings and follow up of tasks
- Support the décor committee
- Liaise with the venue and entertainment
- Coordinate with sponsors and sends graphics for printing
- Coordinate with AR Clerk to monitor, receive and make payments (sponsors, tickets, expenses)
- Create documents required for printing eg: bid sheets, auction signs, auction rules etc.
- Distribute follow up letters to all sponsors, attendees and supporters
International Student Program Responsibilities:
- To assist the ISP department office with administrative work:
- File and update the database
- Manage ISP documentation
- Assist the ISP Coordinator with the homestay and custodianship service program
- To assist on ISP initiative projects:
- File ATT and ATL training materials
- Provide or organize out-sourced translations of the ATT and ATL documents
- Provide administration assistance for the short term programs
- To support special events:
- Manage communications for Back to School BBQ, Chinese New Year, Christmas celebrations, Concerts, IB info sessions, etc.
- Encourage volunteerism within Asian families
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluency in Mandarin would be considered a strong asset
- Successful criminal record check a requirement
- Ability to prioritize, yet remain flexible to shifting priorities
- Excellent organizational and problem‐solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate information into concrete and understandable terms for a variety of audiences
- Interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be sensitive to and work with confidential data
- Willingness to take initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Experience with various software programs/databases
- Ability to use InDesign and entire Adobe Suite an asset