Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS), a ministry of Kelowna Christian Center Society, has an opening for: ASSISTANT to the K-9 REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION TEAM.
*This is a work-from-home position
The primary role of this position is to offer administrative team support to the K-9 Regional Administrators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the new applications document and email RAs student information directly
- Maintain teacher applications data, send reference form requests to teachers being interviewed, and collect documents required to HR, send out new hire packages to new teachers
- Maintain the student/teacher numbers form referring to re-enrollments, teacher intent forms and RA input
- Manage and update SOPHIE (Standard Operating Procedures & Helpful Information Encyclopedia) as needed, format pages that any of the team members input
- Assist in scheduling Open Houses
- Book and pay for venues for RTMs and Open Houses
- Create and distribute promotional materials for WOWs, Open Houses, HCOS Booth for RAs and communicate all events on HCOS FB page, to Learning Groups and the HCOS website contact
- Take meeting notes at staff meetings
- Coordinate teacher evaluations in February/March and Administrative evaluations in January by sending out forms, informing RAs when one of their teachers has completed their self-evaluation, and collating finished packages
- Complete monthly RA expense reimbursements for internet and cell phone
- Send out welcome packages to new students/families
- Review report cards and Proof of Work samples for completion rates and report that information to RAs
- Assist as needed for FSAs, Pre-CHEC staff meetings, Ministry of Ed audits
- Any other duties as required by the Director of K-9
- Able to be discreet and handle confidential information sensitively
- Flexible attitude towards innovation and change
- Detail-oriented, documentation skills
- Must value timely follow-up
- Technologically proficient – email, scanning, documents, databases, spreadsheets, etc.
- Professional communication skills
- Daytime work (occasional evening or weekend work)
- Occasional travel required.
- Ability to spend extended hours in front of a computer screen
Work Hours and Remuneration
- Start date August 1, 2018, or other date as agreed upon in order for transition plans to be in place
- 28 hours per week (this position requires some flexibility on hours as there are busier seasons and slower seasons)
- Please apply online by clicking the link or by copying and pasting the following link onto your web browser: https://forms.kccnet.ca/view.php?id=83870 . This position will be posted until filled.