Delta Christian School is a dynamic learning community (K to 7) situated in the heart of Ladner, BC. Our team of Christian staff members is collaborative, team-oriented, passionate, creative, and caring. Our community places an emphasis on a partnership between home and school as a way of living out our mission to equip children for life.
DCS is accepting applications to fill the position of part-time Bookkeeper (0.4 FTE) effective September 2020. The ideal candidate will have experience in budgeting and financial reporting/analysis in the non-profit sector or school settings. The Bookkeeper reports to and works with the Treasurer and Principal. Applications will be accepted and considered immediately for employment to start on January 10, 2020.
To submit your application, please send a cover letter, resume, resume, and a statement of faith to Bryan Young – firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Delta Christian School has adopted a Community Standards Policy. A copy is available upon request.
- Relevant experience in accounting activities with a CPA professional designation or similar experience.
- Possess strong interpersonal, leadership and planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure, multi-tasking and effectively work with other office staff.
- Must be analytical, self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Is proficient in QuickBooks.
- Is a committed Christian with a passion for promoting Christian education and in full agreement and support with the school’s constitution and bylaws.
- Responsible for the overall financial affairs of the school in cooperation with the Board and Principal.
- Prepare monthly statements, for submission to finance committees, with comparison against budget together with analytical comments for material differences.
- Prepare year-end financial statements and working papers for review engagement by external accountants.
- Prepare annual budgets in cooperation with the Treasurer and Principal to the Board using SCSBC budget template.
- Supervise the preparation of annual tuition and donation receipts with the assistance of a Finance Assistant.
- Prepare Charitable Receipting Sheet 1 to 3 templates at the beginning of each school year with the assistance of the Finance Assistant and Principal.
- After completion of the year-end financial statements, prepare Secular Cost per Student per Sheet 4 of Charitable Receipting template.
- Supervise the preparation of the ES FTE audit information.
- Preparation of working papers for Operation Cost Audit by an external accountant.
- Preparation of T3010 Charity Information Return and Annual Report Filing with Registrar of Societies.
- Submission of SCSBC benchmarking data.
- Assure appropriate Not-for-Profit GAAP is used.
- Maintain Capital projections cost and budget updates for construction projects.
- Maintain annual operating and capital rolling forecasts.
- Prepare payroll entries.
- Determine allocations to Special Education, Learning Assistance.
- Review payroll deductions (MSP, benefits, life, pension).
- Responsible for bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Managing prepaid expenses.
- Monitoring overdue accounts receivable.
- GST Rebate.