John Knox Christian School is a K-12 school with an elementary campus based in Burnaby, BC that feeds into a recently opened high school campus in New Westminster, approximately 10 minutes away.
John Knox Christian School is currently seeking candidates for a full time Computer Technician, duties of this position include:
- Ensuring the network infrastructure functions. Troubleshoot technical issues for staff and students, including servers, workstations, projectors, and AV in classrooms.
- Manage and oversee application systems, software and user licenses, maintain software upgrades and enhancements, ensuring all systems are fully operational.
- Setup, maintain, and upgrade computers in the IT lab and on student carts.
- Manage network security. Implement and monitor security systems and firewall to protect our digital infrastructure from outside hackers, malware or viruses. Safeguard the network/internet access from inappropriate use. Manage system access policies for staff members, users and volunteers.
- Collaborate with coding teachers and provide assistance as needed.
- Help with chapel at both elementary and secondary campuses.
- Manage and execute new user training. Prepare training documents and schedule training sessions for staff.
- Set up an inventory system and update information.
- Create domain user accounts and email accounts for staff and students.
- Any other computer, software application and technical support tasks assigned by the Network Administrator.
Qualified applications need to provide the following:
Personal Statement of Christian faith journey
Resume with cover letter
If you are interested, please send your information to Karen Dyck: email@example.com