Heritage Christian Early Learning Center, a Ministry of Kelowna Christian Center Society, has an opening for an DAYCARE TEACHER.
The primary function of this position is to provide quality Christian care and programing to our 8 full-time daycare children ages 3-5.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To create program planning individually and within the Daycare team that covers all areas of development in young children socially, physically, intellectually, cognitively, and emotionally and to implement developmentally appropriate activities that meets the needs and interests of the group and each child individually following the philosophy of meeting the needs of the “whole child.”
- Ensure a “Christian” program that follows the scope and sequence outlined by the Daycare Manager and Head of School and integrates a Christian approach to every area of learning.
- Provide a daily balance of active/quiet, indoor/outdoor, and individual/group activities.
- Assist children in expressing themselves by listening and responding with questions or comments that extend conversation.
- Use a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, observing, questioning, demonstrating, and reinforcing.
- Encourage and assist children to practice self-help.
- Encourage experiences that demonstrate a Biblical worldview and that foster an understanding of diversity.
- Encourage activities that encourage problem solving.
- Ensure guidance of children that encourages a good self-concept.
- Follow the discipline policy as outlined in the parent handbook.
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe.
- Report all accidents, injuries, and illnesses to the manager or designate and record such incidents or serious occurrences in the staff daily communication book.
- Monitor the environment for hazards.
- Keep informed regarding children’s allergies and other special conditions.
- Establish routines/practices that attend to children’s physical needs.
- Contribute to the ongoing operation of the center.
- Follow licensing requirements.
- Share information about the child and family appropriately while respecting each family’s right to confidentiality.
- Maintain punctuality.
- Present and encourage Christian attitude and conduct.
Other related duties as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- Early Childhood Education Certificate.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Criminal Record Check clearance.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Up to date record of immunizations, tetanus shot, and letter of good health to work with young children.
- Ability to lift 50lb.
- Repetitive movement bending down and sitting on the floor.
- Able to go for long walks and/or spend two hours a day outside.
Kelowna Christian Center Society offers:
- $16 – 18 per hour (based on qualifications and experience):
- Full-Time Option: 40 hours per week.
- Part-Time Option (Job Sharing): 2 positions x 25 hours per week (mornings or afternoons).
- Benefits of:
- Life and Dependent Life
- Extended Health and Dental
- Long Term Disability
- Health Spending Account
- RRSP Matching
- Employee and Family Support Program (EFAP)
Please apply online by clicking on the link (CTRL+ click) or by copying and pasting the following link onto your web browser: https://forms.kccnet.ca/view.php?id=76550 .
This position will stay open until it is filled.