The Society of Christian School in BC is a visionary organization providing services and support to Christian schools in British Columbia as well as the broader Christian education community. The graphic designer is responsible for upholding and promoting the SCSBC brand; creating print publications, brochures, infographic posters and promotional material for events and projects; producing and distributing The Link; managing multiple existing WordPress sites; building websites and advertising campaigns for conferences; developing PowerPoint slides decks; and all other creative services as needed by the Directors.
This is a full-time position in a PC environment.
• Graphic design education
• Experience in building and maintaining WordPress websites, ability to work with code and troubleshoot WordPress themes
• Experience in page layout, print media and typography
• Image editing expertise, raster and vector; ability as a photographer would be an asset
• Excellent English language, spelling, punctuation and grammar skills for editing, proofreading and copywriting
• Skill in document formatting and styles
• Experience in digital media creation: video and audio
• UX focus
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Adobe Premiere Pro
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Microsoft Word including proficiency in styles
• Microsoft Outlook
• Microsoft Excel
The successful candidate is a committed Christian with a desire to support Christian education, and able to sign the SCSBC Community Standards Agreement.
The graphic designer completes creative service projects for all staff Directors, and reports to the Executive Director. The successful candidate must be proficient at multi-tasking.
Submit your resume, a statement of faith, and three references (two professional and one personal) to:
Ed Noot, Executive Director
Society of Christian Schools in BC
Deadline to apply: December 16, 2019
Employment start date: January 13, 2020