Starting Date: September 1, 2021
Who are you?
As an applicant for this role, you are a dynamic, highly relational leader eager to help our organization build on a foundation of excellence that began nearly 75 years ago, and to help our organization grow and prosper. You are motivated by the opportunities presented by a dynamic, increasingly diverse community that is united by a common commitment to the transformative power of Christian Education. As a key member of the leadership team, you will share your expertise and shape development initiatives and programs that help ECS remain robust, effective and be able to move forward in its mission. Your strong relational and interpersonal skills will allow you to invite prospective donors, students and families to partner with us in our mission.
Who are we?
Since 1949, Edmonton Christian Schools has provided high quality, Christ-centered education to students from the greater Edmonton area. Partnering with Edmonton Public Schools, the Edmonton Society for Christian Education supports and monitors the Christian Alternative Program within our two K-9 schools and our high school. Edmonton Christian Schools is one of the largest Christian school programs in Canada, with a total annual enrolment of approximately 1500 students. We are driven by our mission: “Responding to God’s grace, Edmonton Christian Schools Challenges students, through Christ-centered education, to actively play their role in God’s story.” By cultivating student’s desire to shape culture and work alongside Christ to “make all things new”, we believe that our work at ECS can and will have a world changing influence!
Working alongside and reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development and Admissions will develop and organize large-scale fundraising initiatives, work with board members, manage our annual fund, and cultivate relationships with donors, staff and volunteers. You will also implement major giving and planned giving fundraising strategies. This work will account for approximately 80% of your role. The Admissions role involves responding to information requests, coordinating tours, participating in and/or leading new family information sessions, and participating in Open House and other promotional events.
● Profess a faith in Christ and involvement in a local Christian faith community
● Prior experience working in a K-12 school setting strongly preferred
● Post-secondary education
● Preferred three years of fundraising experience in a not-for-profit setting
● Solid understanding of basic development principles and a willingness to stay current with trends and best practices in the areas of development and fundraising.
● Experience managing complex projects with specific targets
● Superior verbal and written communication skills, and ability to confidently interact with individuals at all levels
● Strong computer skills with proficiency in Google Suites
● Able to maintain confidentiality; demonstrate sound judgement and discretion
● Ability to liaise with other departments to achieve a common goal
● Proven ability to work well within a team
● Self-motivated and results-oriented
● Friendly, patient and a good listener
● Positive, solutions-based attitude
● Contribute to positive culture of organization
● Desire to learn, grow and be coached
● Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends is required
This is a salaried 1.00 FTE position with comprehensive benefits and a salary range (starting at $79,500) to match experience and expertise. Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2021.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: