Director of Learning Back to Jobs

Administrative Position: Director of Learning

Unity Christian School in beautiful Chilliwack, B.C. is seeking a Director of Learning for the 2020 – 2021 school year. Unity Christian is a growing school community in the Upper Fraser Valley with 525 students K – 12. The mission of Unity Christian School is to assist students in developing their God given potential, enabling them to participate in the work of building the Kingdom of God.

Distinctly, we are a K – 12 school that has intentionally adopted cultural practices to build a K – 12 learning community. K – 12, teachers and students, collaborate and support one another on the learning journey. Further, Unity Christian’s educational program is guided by our own graduate profile, which is based around our unique core values: Community, Dedication of all to God, Acceptance and Inclusiveness, Grace, Challenge, and Discernment.

At Unity Christian, we seek to utilize pedagogical approaches that will prepare students to be engaged in the world around them, to be involved with real meaningful work, contributing to the common good in Chilliwack and beyond. We are comfortable with the messiness of learning, promoting peer interaction, collaboration, discovery, and experimentation. We aim to provide a rich and stimulating environment that promotes creativity, inquiry, and critical thinking around clearly articulated learning targets and curricular competencies.

Unity Christian School has implemented a digital portfolio to provide continuous and ongoing reporting of student learning. The digital portfolio has allowed parents and students to see growth throughout the school year and it has provided opportunities for students to reflect meaningfully on their learning.

We are looking for a passionate individual that is able to support and continue to develop the educational program at Unity Christian. Further, we are seeking an individual that has had training or relevant experience in the area of curriculum and instruction. Most importantly, we are seeking a candidate that is able to come alongside K – 12 teachers in a coaching role and assist with instructional growth and professional development.

The Director of Learning is a K – 12 position and is a 40% administrative position. The remaining 60% will be comprised of teaching responsibilities, which will be determined with the applicant.

Each candidate must be:

· a committed Christian

· a BC certified teacher (professional TCB certificate)

· dedicated to Christian education.

Preference will be given to applicants with:

· leadership training

· a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction

· administrative experience.

Each application should include:

· a current resume (including at least 3 professional references, with phone numbers)

· your BC Teacher’s Certificate, or equivalent if you’re from out of province

· university transcripts, if available (copies are acceptable)

· your philosophy of Christian education and leadership.

· a statement of faith.

Closing Date: February 3, 2020

Interested? Have questions about this important leadership position? Please contact Matt Van Muyen via email and/or phone.

Email your application to: mvanmuyen@unitychristian.ca Unity Christian School Matt Van Muyen – System Principal 50950 Hack Brown Road, Chilliwack, BC, V4Z 1K9 Phone: 604-794-7797; Cell: 604 992-9300