DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Facilities and Technology)
Langley Christian School is accepting applications for a Director of Operations, a key leadership position in our non-profit organization.
We are a growing, inspiring, transformational and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver high impact instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for students Pre-K to Grade 12. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, critical competencies and the character to transform lives through our service and influence, locally and regionally.
Our community includes nearly 1200 students and over 160 staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. As a leader in one of the largest Christian independent schools in British Columbia, you will work as a team member within a collaborative organization with high standards.
As a member of our school-wide leadership team working closely with the Head of School, Finance Director and our three campus Principals, the successful applicant will join us in strategic planning for
- executing with excellence,
- developing sustainable practices,
- operating with grace, love and safety,
- expanding our reach and impact on students and our community
The successful applicant will be an energetic, hands-on, growth minded, and entrepreneurial leader with a vision for maximizing capacity and improving the aesthetic and functional experience of our facilities.
The ideal candidate has expertise and experience, or has demonstrable capacity to develop expertise in the following responsibilities within an educational context:
- Promote the core values and vision of LCS to key stakeholders
- Provide leadership in data-driven and research-based decision making
- Establish and review rental agreements and other revenue-generating facilities uses
- Provide leadership in emergency preparedness planning, risk assessment, safety, and site-based security
- Collaborate in planning and design of educational spaces and facilities
- Contract services and source competitive costing of operations-related capital expenses and purchasing
- Forecast and develop long-term facilities plan including long term maintenance, capital replacement, and depreciation reports for all buildings
- Create and maintain detailed inventory of all capital assets
- Provide relevant training for educational staff, parents and board members
Facilities & Capital Assets Management
- Supervision of custodial services, facilities maintenance, grounds and technology support staff
- Establish and manage work order request and prioritization system
- Management of capital projects
- Management and coordination of busing and transportation
- Conduct regular maintenance and safety inspections of facilities
- Ensure health & safety, WCB compliance and other necessary site-based compliance standards
- Manage school-wide software systems and technology infrastructure
- Manage snow removal, recycling and garbage disposal systems and contracts
- Other duties as assigned by Head of School
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership or managerial position
- Commitment to and ability to articulate the strategic priorities, mission, vision, core values and community standards of LCS
- Completion of post-secondary training and/or certification related to the responsibilities of the position
- Demonstrate understanding of the educational industry and context
- Well organized and attentive to details
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Evidence of commitment to the Christian faith and service in the local church
- Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Evidence of strong fiscal management and budgetary skills
- Experience and certification in facilities management
- Understanding of technology infrastructure and software solutions
- Experience in information technology, architecture, electrical, engineering, construction, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and/or millwork is an asset
This is position is 1.0 FTE. Salary, benefits and pension are very competitive and within industry standards. Salary will be based on experience and expertise.
An applicant who is successful, but missing experience or training in key components of the position, must sign a letter of intent to begin necessary certifications or training within 12 months of the position start date.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: email@example.com.
- Pastoral reference letter
- Copies of relevant training and certifications
- Three professional references