Full-Time Early Childhood Educator
Name of Facility: Little Eagles Preschool at Richmond Christian School
Type Of Child Care: Preschool
- ECE certification and license
- Valid first aid certificate
- Food Safe
- Criminal records check clearance
- Professional and Pastoral references
Other Qualifications Required:
- Fluency in the English language (oral and written).
- Strong work ethic, well developed interpersonal skills and a creative problem solver.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn and a commitment to professional development.
- Ability to plan for a play based program using an emergent curriculum approach inspired by principles from Reggio Emilia
- Strong knowledge and awareness of the BC Early Learning Framework.
Additional assets may include:
- A second language
- Special Needs training/certification/experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working with a variety of cultures in an inclusive child care setting.
- Create a welcoming, engaging, flexible and play-based learning environment.
- Plan, implement and evaluate activities and experiences for the children that are aligned with the philosophy of the program.
- Observe children and discover their interests and devise ways to scaffold their learning.
- Provide positive guidance, care and supervision.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with children, families and staff.
- Support the Richmond Christian School mission statement, goals and policies.
Position Start Date: Mid-August 2018
Application Closing Date: Until filled
A complete email application will consist of your resume, and cover letter which includes your statement of Christian faith and why you should be considered for this position. We thank all applicants for their interest in Richmond Christian School. However, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Richmond Christian School is an inter-denominational school where over 150 churches are represented within the RCS school family. We are a dynamic multi-cultural community which truly reflects the diversity of our Father’s world. We welcome individuals who share the same faith and vision to serve along with us in providing a quality, Christ-centred education, equipping our students to serve Christ joyfully in all aspects of life.