Kamloops Christian School ELC invites applications for a Full Time ELC Director. The successful applicant will join a vibrant staff with opportunities for collaboration and professional development. Successful Candidates will participate in an interview process. Our anticipated start date is June 1, 2020.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing oversight and management of daily opera on of all early learning centre programs
- Ensure that the Early Learning Centre meets all legal requirements: staffing, reporting, licensing
- Updating and maintaining program policies and procedures
- Enrolling students and parents in the KCS ELC programs
- Ensuring budgetary constraints are met and fulfilling government subsidies and grants
- Managing ELC staff, including hiring, orientating, scheduling, mentoring and evaluating
- Engaging in continuous learning and professional development and implementing best practices for the early learning environment
- Ensuring staff are up to date with advances in Early Childhood Education and care.
Candidates for this position must have the following qualifications:
- Has an ECE Diploma or Degree; or five years of work experience with an ECE certificate (with preference for IT/ SN certification).
- Valid first aid certificate
- Clear Criminal record check
- ECEBC membership (desirable)
- Has management skills and experience in administration and management of a licensed childcare centre.
- Is knowledgeable of BC Childcare licensing regulations and how to successfully meet them
- Knowledge of the BC Early Learning Framework and ECEBC code of ethics
- Knowledge of respectful, emergent, play-based learning approach to programming
Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information
- Self motivated, energetic and responsible
Please Note: If you are selected for an interview, external candidates will be required to bring a recent resume and a statement of faith.
Pay Band : Salary for this position starts at $50,000 for the first year (probationary) with a starting salary of $55,000 for the second year.
To learn more about KCS please visit our website.
Please send all applications to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Open until filled