Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) is a K-12 Distributed Learning (DL) school, providing fully accredited, Christian education to students in BC. As one of Western Canada’s largest online schools, we connect teachers with families and students to provide guidance and support via personalized, online, and face-to-face options.
HCOS has an opening for an Education Assistant (EA) Office Assistant working with the Education Assistant Office. This is a remote position at 40 hours per week. The primary role of this position is to support the EA Office with administrative and documentation processes, providing clerical support to EAs and SE Case Managers in relation to their HCOS students and families.
As the SE EA Office Assistant, your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Support established processes within the EA Office and complete the required follow-up – service agreements, downloading/uploading documents to databases.
• Request references and Criminal Record Check (CRC) for potential EA hires.
• Request EA Criminal Record Check (CRC) renewals.
• Create and maintain spreadsheets within the EA Office for data collection.
• Maintain FileMaker database and Alfresco documentation storage and organization, ensuring compatibility and compliance with KCCS HR standards and protocols.
• Complete monthly EA reporting compliance sweeps in Encom and provides Excel reports to the EA Office Manager.
• Process monthly EA payroll – review invoices; monitor EA budgets; note, investigate and resolve possible discrepancies; prepare payroll reports and submit to EA Office Manager for approval.
• Communicate new EA hires to Case Managers.
• Create new EA records in FileMaker.
• Create FileMaker accounts for new EAs.
• Request technology set-up of new EAs with the IT department.
• Input EA survey data into FileMaker.
• Complete Personnel Maintenance forms per HR requirements for exiting EAs.
• Provide ongoing support and care for EAs, including timely follow-up to queries.
• Any other reasonable task associated with supporting the Special Education (SE) division.
We are looking for someone with the following Qualifications & Skills:
• A deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Certificate in Office Administration or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google Workspace.
• Professional communication skills, both oral and written.
• Knowledge of Special Education and/or the role of EAs an asset.
• Empathetic and authentic care for people.
• Organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and efficient providing timely follow-up.
• Collaborative and team-oriented with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to be discreet and manage confidential information sensitively.
• Flexible attitude towards innovation and change.
What we offer:
· Competitive wage – $19.00 per hour
· 3 weeks annual vacation
· Benefits of:
• Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Extended Health and Benefits
• Health Spending Account
• Employee and Family Support Program
• RRSP Match program
Applications will remain open until filled.