Langley Christian School is accepting applications for an immediate, part-time (.70 FTE) Educational Assistant working with high school students. The Educational Assistant is supervised by the Special Education & Learning Assistance Coordinator and works with teachers to support student learning.
We are a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven teaching and learning community striving to deliver high impact instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, critical competencies and the character to transform lives through our service and influence locally and regionally.
Our work is guided by our vision, values, and four strategic priorities:
- Establishing a culture of grace, love and safety
- Executing with excellence in everything we do
- Expanding our community reach and impact
- Establishing sustainable practices.
Our community includes nearly 1200 students and over 160 staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley.
Typically, an Educational Assistant will:
- be an advocate for students and their needs
- maintain confidentiality
- communicate professionally and appropriately with coordinators, teachers, students and parents
- work with teachers to facilitate the participation of all students with learning differences in classroom activities
- provide support to the student individually or in small groups in the classroom and/ or outside the classroom in the least intrusive environment for students and peers
- encourage and support the student in responsible ways so that the student’s emotional, intellectual and social development will be enhanced
- participate in school-based team meetings
- assist in adapting situations, environment, materials, and activities so that the student can be successful
- implement the planned strategies and activities for the student in the classroom
- assist in developing and implementing a behaviour support plan, when necessary
- consult with classroom teachers and/or Special Education & Learning Assistance Coordinator to receive feedback and suggestions
keep anecdotal records, work samples etc. to document student progress and history