ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (1.0)
Beginning AUGUST 2020
Langley Christian School is accepting applications for an Elementary K-5 Assistant Principal beginning Fall 2020. The successful applicant will fill an important instructional leadership role at LCS. At our school we do not hire Assistant Principals, we hire future principals who are leaders with a passion for Christian education and a proven capacity to impact instruction through modeling and coaching effective practices in classrooms.
Who are we? LCS is a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver high impact instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, critical competencies and the character to transform lives through our service and influence, locally and regionally.
Our work is guided by our vision, values and four strategic priorities:
- Establishing a culture of grace, love and safety
- Executing with excellence in everything we do
- Expanding our community reach and impact
- Establishing sustainable practices
Why work at LCS? Our community includes nearly 1200 students and over 160 staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. You will work in a collaborative organization with high standards. Our salary and benefits are comparable and highly competitive with independent and public schools in our region. What distinguishes us from other schools is that we are thriving together in a connected, Christian learning community. You will truly never walk alone.
What is the job? The successful applicant will be a hard-working, talented educator who will work as part of the elementary administrative team responsible for leading and executing our Instructional Guidelines, Teaching for Transformation through-lines, and school-wide professional growth plan focused on K-5 achievement in core competencies, literacy and mathematics. The elementary assistant principal will provide classroom or non-enrolling instruction in addition to administrative responsibilities.
- Ethical & spiritual leadership
- Decision making – articulate a process of decision making using an ethical framework based on the Christian mission and values of the school community.
- Leading a community of caring and learning – development and implementation of shared values, vision, mission, and goals to support engagement, learning, and achievement for all learners.
- Promote student wellbeing and discipline within a restorative framework
- Instructional leadership
- Curriculum, instruction & assessment – a deep pedagogical knowledge and a skill set to promote learning.
- Leading a culture of learning – facilitate an environment that promotes collaboration, engagement, and inspired learning
- Collect data, evaluate and monitor effectiveness of education programming on student progress and achievement.
- Mentor and develop leadership capacity of the faculty
- Provide leadership on school-based team and other teams within the school
- Relational leadership
- Demonstrate self-awareness and personal qualities that support positive relationships and build cultures of integrity rooted in faith
- Build and support positive, effective working relationships within the school and community.
- Develop and sustain a culture and climate that supports student and staff learning
- Creating and managing effective school communities to support all learners
- Organizational leadership
- Intentionally and strategically plan to strengthen the school’s capacity to support student learning and development
- Support and promote the vision, mission and values of the school
- Carry out and implement the strategic priorities of the board of trustees.
- Guide the development and implementation of shared values, vision, mission, and goals to support engagement, learning, and success for all learners
- Provide responsive, agile and evidence-based management of learning support faculty and scheduling.
REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Evidence of involvement in a local Christian faith community
- Master’s degree in Instruction, Educational Leadership, Special Education, or equivalent
- Understanding of revised BC curriculum, core competencies and First Peoples Principles of Learning
- Previous administrative experience and/or experience designing and leading professional development is preferred
- Strong understanding of social emotional learning and inclusive practices
- Evidence of exceptional practices in balanced literacy and numeracy instruction K-5
- Strong knowledge of high impact assessment and instructional practices
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Strong managerial skills and financial/budget experience
- Experience in managing and promoting system change
- Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication, organizational, leadership, conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This is a salaried 1.0 FTE administrative position. Salary and benefits based on experience and expertise.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: email@example.com
- Pastoral reference letter
- Copies of relevant training and certifications
- Two professional references from administrators
Posting open until filled.