Hope Lutheran Christian School (Port Coquitlam) is a K-8 school of over 300 students with a mission to equip each child to impact the world for Christ’s glory.
HLCS is seeking a dynamic, Christ-like, community-centred leader to provide pedagogical leadership for our 200+ student elementary school for K-5. We are located in Port Coquitlam which is part of the beautiful Tri-Cities in the Lower Mainland. Our parochial Christian school is governed by the Hope Lutheran Church Society
The Vice Principal is member of the senior leadership team responsible for the day to day operations of the elementary campus and reports directly to the Senior Principal. He/she works collaboratively on a six member senior leadership team to provide leadership to the broader school community.
The successful candidate will have proven strengths in the areas of fostering student learning, integration of Biblical worldview in education, leading and empowering staff/faculty, shared decision-making, team building, parent engagement and a passion for Christian education that is contagious.
Please include in your application evidence of :
BC teaching certification (or the ability to hold such a certification)
● Demonstrated school leadership
● Evidence of strong written communication skills through quality of resume and statement of faith attachments
● Involvement in a Christian church
10+ years teaching experience at the elementary and/or intermediate level
● Experience with school-wide organizing and planning, budgeting and facility management
● Training in assessment, curriculum and pedagogy, and the integration of technology in learning
● Demonstrated knowledge of support services: special education and learning assistance, and school counseling
● Knowledge of assessments and use of feedback to inform instruction and action plans
● Understanding of how to implement a Biblical framework in all aspects of a Christian school
● Knowledge and experience with implementation of best practices related to the revised BC senior high curriculum, instruction, assessment, technology integration, and school community
Electronic submission of application and supporting documentation should be sent to John Lok
Senior Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org).