Langley Christian School is accepting applications for a Facilities Maintenance Worker to support our vision for executing with excellence and developing sustainable practices.
We are a growing, inspiring, transformational and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver high impact instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for students Pre-K to Grade 12. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, critical competencies and the character to transform lives through our service and influence, locally and regionally.
Our community includes nearly 1200 students and over 160 staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. As an important member of our support staff team, you will work in a collaborative organization with high standards.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Director of Operations and be able to work independently to carry out the following responsibilities within an educational context:
Facilities & Grounds Maintenance
- Conduct regular inspections and ensure preventative maintenance of buildings, classrooms, equipment and furniture
- Replace worn or defective wiring and switches, and replace interior and exterior lighting
- Replace faucets and plumbing fixtures.
- Repair fencing, asphalt, concrete, ceilings and walls.
- Deal with emergency repair or clean up with efficiency
- Responsible for safe condition of flooring, door frames, doors, window frames, staircases, stair treads, wall panelling, ceiling panelling, hardware and similar structural elements in LCS buildings and grounds
- Responsible for safe condition of pipes, drains and plumbing fixtures in facilities
- Construct, repair/or install millwork and cabinetry
- Perform basic upkeep of grounds, landscaping and exterior features of the buildings
- Small scale construction, carpentry, installations and assembly
- Assist faculty in moving, storage and/or disposal of furniture or other items
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Facilities
- Physical ability to perform the required functions of the job including safely lifting heavy items and operating power tools
- Completion of high school education
- Valid BC License
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Evidence of commitment to the Christian faith and service in the local church
- Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience or training in landscaping, electrical, engineering, construction, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and/or millwork is an asset
This is position is based on 40 hours per week paid at an hourly rate. Overtime is available when required.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pastoral reference letter
- Copies of relevant training and certifications
- Three professional references
Posting open until filled.