John Knox Christian School (JKCS), located in Burnaby & New Westminster, is a K-12 school that is experiencing rapid growth as we opened Gr 7-12 in the fall of 2018. Our community is focused on academic excellence while being grounded in a Biblical Christian perspective.
The Financial Administrative Assistant reports to the Finance Director but is under the functional supervision of the Finance Administrators. They would be responsible for supporting payroll and other accounting operations of the school as well as other administrative duties to be assigned according to skills and experience.
Accounting Support will include but not be limited to:
- Payroll processing
- Accounts receivable: invoicing families for tuition payments, tracking & monitoring
- Assist in preparing and managing (responding to) communications with families, students, employees
- Accounts payable: coding entries accurately to GL accounts, data entry of vendor bills and processing cheque payments once approved
- Filing and data management
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of how to utilize the school’s payroll and accounting systems to input and reconcile data, as well as generate reports.
- Other administrative tasks related to organizing and updating student records.
Other duties will be assigned as required.
QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE
- Payroll experience using automated payroll systems and/or bookkeeping experience using accounting systems.
- Experience in a school setting, or similar experience in non-profit organizations with 100+ employees and a high-volume of transactions/records.
- 1+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Intermediate Word & Excel skills
- Very tech-savvy – have experience/knowledge in, or can quickly learn, various software applications: Payworks, NetSuite, DocuSign or other similar software
- An accounting education (degree, diploma, or certificate) is an asset
- Is a committed Christian in full agreement and support with the school’s constitution and statement of faith
- Strong data entry competence (manual or automated) with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highest levels of integrity and judgment
- Highly organized and efficient; systems and process-oriented
- Ability to recognize and appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
Salary: In line with SCSBC compensation guidelines, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Start date: Available immediately but flexible to accommodate required transition period.
Full Time Equivalent: 0.2- 0.4 FTE (1 to 2 days a week).
Application: Please send cover letter, current resume and statement of faith directly to the finance director, Amador Astudillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Note that the formal review of applications will start on August 16th.