Pacific Christian School engages learners from Christian families to nurture them in “Christ-like living, critical thinking, and joyful service.” We are seeking dynamic Christian educators to join the Pacific Christian Secondary School staff team in the following areas:
- Grade 9 – 11 Spanish (0.43 FTE)
- Food Studies 8 (0.11 FTE)
These positions could be separate or could be combined for an applicant with education and experience in both areas.
The teacher that we are seeking will:
- possess current British Columbia teacher certification.
- have a vibrant Christian faith and a desire to foster Christian faith formation in young people.
- desire to become an active, contributing, collaborative member of a professional learning community.
- have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills with both adults and young people.
- have experience in the following areas:
- teaching within the subject area in a high-school setting
- employing teaching approaches that are responsive to 21st-century learning needs and best practices
- integrating a Christian worldview in curriculum and pedagogical approach
To apply, please forward the following by July 5, 2018:
- letter of introduction
- statement of faith
- academic transcripts
- a recent teaching evaluation
- copy of current-year TRB certification
- Contact information for three references. Not all referees need to comment on the same aspects but, taken together, please ensure that the referees are able to comment substantially on your character, Christian faith, teaching ability, and passion for working with young people.
Application materials should be sent to:
Lorna Herzog (Principal)
Pacific Christian Secondary School
654 Agnes Street
Victoria, BC V8Z 2E6