Educational Assistants work as team members with student services staff and classroom teachers to enable students with a variety of learning needs to experience success in the school community.
- Along with student services staff and classroom teachers, implement the strategies outlined in each student’s Support Plan or Individual Education Plan
- Provide academic, social and emotional support for students
- Under the direction on the classroom teacher, adjust materials to meet the needs of the student(s)
- Communicate regularly with all members of the student’s school-based team to promote an open, collaborative environment that best serves the student
- Participate in staff training/professional development activities, staff meetings, and conferences
- Contribute to the documentation of student’s learning
- Perform other tasks which may include reading or scribing for a student, providing one to one or small group support, assisting the teacher in the classroom, providing personal care and completing other necessary tasks to provide inclusion opportunities for all students
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong interpersonal skills with adults and children
- Previous experience working in a learning environment with children and/or youth with learning challenges and/or social emotional needs
- The preferred candidate will have completed an Early Childhood Education Program or an Education Assistant Program.
- All applicants should have compassion and patience for students who face learning challenges and must be able to work collaboratively with colleagues to support student learning.
- Applicants must have an active Christian faith that shapes their life.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This posting is for a one-year position, with the possibility of extension.
- Start date: August 30, 2021
- End date: June 24, 2022
To apply, please forward the following:
- cover letter
- personal statement of faith
- contact information for three references.
Application materials can be emailed to Candis Gibbs (Student Services Coordinator) at email@example.com
This posting will remain open until filled, but priority consideration will be given to applications received by May 31.