Langley Christian School is accepting applications for an anticipated maternity leave beginning in November 2020 for Grade One.
Who are we?
LCS is a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver high impact instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, critical competencies and the character to transform lives through our service and influence, locally and regionally.
Our work is guided by our mission to transform lives and communities, and our core values: Connecting, Thriving and Equipping families and students.
Why work at LCS?
Our community includes nearly 1200 students and over 160 staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. You will work in a collaborative organization with high standards.
Our salary and benefits are comparable and highly competitive with independent and public schools in our region. What distinguishes us from other schools is that at LCS you will truly thrive in a connected, purpose-driven, faith-based learning community with a sense of shared values. You will truly never walk alone.
- Design purposeful large group and small group learning opportunities, in classrooms and online environments: lesson plans and curriculum preparation, including year plan preparation based on the B.C. redesigned curriculum.
- Provide differentiated instruction for a range of diverse learners, using evidence-based, effective teaching strategies.
- Undertake effective classroom management strategies and maintain optimal routines and structures that support student wellness and growth.
- Review, analyze, evaluate and report on evidence of student academic, social and emotional growth. Provide timely, ongoing formative assessment and meet all reporting and assessment deadlines.
- Participate actively in teacher evaluations and maintain competence through professional growth activities or professional development.
REQUIREMENTS & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in teachable subjects
- Eligible for B.C. Teaching Certification or B.C. Independent Schools Teaching Certification
- Evidence of involvement in a local Christian faith community
- Understanding of B.C. competency-based curriculum and First Peoples Principles of Learning
- Desire to develop skills in social emotional learning and inclusive practices
- Strong knowledge of high impact assessment and instructional practices
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
- Proficiency in application of computing and web-based tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to coach athletics or participate in fine arts programming an asset
- Training and/or certification in Early Childhood Education (ECE), early learning and early learning practices is an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: email@example.com.
- Pastoral reference letter
- Copies of relevant training and certifications
- Contact information for two professional references from administrators
Posting open until filled.