Beginning August 2021, but will consider earlier phase-in transition.
VISION: A thriving Christian learning community, connected outward and inward, serving together as leaders who model best practices to empower students to have an impact in a changing world.
Due to a retirement, Langley Christian School is accepting applications for an innovative High School Principal for the coming fall, 2021.
As an applicant for this role, you are a dynamic, highly capable leader who can inspire, design and manage educational support services, and elective and academic programs for a growing high school with a STEM focus. You are a passionate, effective educator with exceptional organizational capacity and communication skills, who can coach and mentor colleagues toward continuous growth, excellence and achievement for all students. You have a network of professional relationships inside and outside your own school district or organization and have an inclusive, global, and growth orientated mindset – you see yourself as a change agent. You are motivated by the opportunity to work collaboratively within a high performing senior leadership team to create a visionary strategic plan aimed at expanding facilities and opportunities for families seeking future-focused education rooted in the Christian tradition and values. With a confident humility, you will lead a staff of 40+ department heads, teachers and educational support staff in an inclusive school of just under 400 students.
WHO ARE WE?
LCS is a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver the best instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, competencies and character to transform lives through service and their gifts, and who will go on from here to live a life of impact and purpose in a rapidly changing world.
Our community includes 1200+ students and 170+ staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. Founded with a rich 65-year old history, today our families and students represent 113 churches and the diversity of our changing community.
• Ethical & spiritual leadership
• Effective decision making grounded in shared, Christian values
• Cultivate a culture of integrity, courage, trust and achievement for all students
• Ensure the school is an inclusive, safe and respectful workplace
• Instructional leadership
• Ensure highly effective instruction and assessment practices in all classrooms
• Design effective programming and learning opportunities
• Plan and lead professional development aimed at achieving measurable goals
• Ensure effective implementation of inclusive practices to support vulnerable learners
• Relational leadership
• Build strong relationships with staff, key stakeholders and the wider community
• Communicate a vision and sense of purpose rooted in the mission of the school
• Organizational leadership
• Agile and responsive allocation of educational support staff
• Recruit and hire highly effective teachers and educational support staff
• Ensure all contractual and statutory requirements are met
• Design innovative and impactful programs, schedules and timetables
• Evidence of involvement in a local Christian faith community
• Eligible for B.C. teacher certification
• Master’s degree in Instruction, Educational Leadership or Special Education
• Previous administrative or educational leadership experiences
• Strong professional references
• Experience designing and leading professional development
• Strong understanding of social emotional learning, special education and inclusive practices
• Strong foundation in research-supported best practices in assessment and instruction
• Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
• Strong managerial skills and financial/budget experience
• Ability to effectively allocate resources
• Experience in managing and promoting system change
• Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
• Evidence of strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional technology, web-based and computer skills
• Confident oral and written communication skills
This is a salaried 1.0 FTE administrative position with comparable salary for our region, annual salary increases, exceptional benefits, personal computer and mobile phone, a discretionary professional development fund account and a competitive 8.05% + 8.05% pension.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Pastoral reference or statement of faith
• Copies of relevant training and certifications
• Two professional references
Posting closes January 31, 2021 or until filled.