Beginning August 2021
VISION: A thriving Christian learning community, connected outward and inward, serving together as leaders who model best practices to empower students to have an impact in a changing world.
Langley Christian High School is accepting applications for a grade 9-12 Science Teacher for the coming fall, 2021.
As an applicant for the role, you will:
- Develop and deliver the curriculum beyond the Ministry requirements
- Collaborate with other members of staff within the Science department to create innovative programming and learning opportunities
- Ensure effective implementation of inclusive practices for all students while creating a rigorous learning environment
- Practice highly effective instruction and assessment in the classroom
- Create a positive learning environment and demonstrate effective classroom management skills
- Build strong relationships with students, including working with students outside of classroom hours for tutorial support
- Teaching assignment may include Gr. 11/12 Physics, Gr. 11/12 Chemistry, and/or Gr. 9/10 Science
WHO ARE WE?
LCS is a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver the best instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, competencies and character to transform lives through service and their gifts, and who will go on from here to live a life of impact and purpose in a rapidly changing world.
Our community includes 1200+ students and 170+ staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. Founded with a rich 65-year history, today our families and students represent 113 churches and the diversity of our changing community.
- Proven, effective, decision making grounded in shared Christian values
- Subject specific Science Degree preferred
- Experience teaching Physics or Chemistry at the secondary level
- Motivated to learn and improve teaching practice
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working and collaborating with department members
- Certified (or in the process of being certified) by the BC Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch
- Experience teaching with technology, including Google Suite, is an asset
- Experience or familiarity with Mathematics courses is an asset
- Evidence of involvement in a local Christian faith community
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement
- Self-motivated, energetic and fun
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: email@example.com
- Pastoral reference or statement of faith
- Copies of relevant training and certifications
- Two professional references, preferably from supervisions who have recently observed your teaching
Posting open until filled.