HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER – SPANISH
Langley Christian School is accepting applications for a high school Spanish teacher. The successful applicant will fill an unexpected vacancy.
We are a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver high impact instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, critical competencies and the character to transform lives through our service and influence, locally and regionally.
Our work is guided by our vision, values and four strategic priorities:
1. Establishing a culture of grace, love and safety
2. Executing with excellence in everything we do
3. Expanding our community reach and impact
4. Establishing sustainable practices
Our community includes nearly 1200 students and over 160 staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. As an important member of our support staff team, you will work in a collaborative organization with high standards.
The ideal candidate is someone desiring to learn and grow in their skills, positively impacting youth and serving a thriving community of students, parents and faculty. We are not looking for perfection in a candidate, we are looking for passion and sense of purpose.
Our vision for Teaching & Learning:
• We intentionally build rapport and relationship with every student
• We use scaffolded and differentiated practices that are inclusive of diverse learners
• We have high standards and expectations of achievement for everyone
• We communicate clear learning goals and criteria for success
• We design quality assessments that inform our instruction and provide feedback for “what’s next?” to improve student learning
• We use proven, effective, high impact instructional strategies and practices
• We embed the Teaching for Transformation framework, aboriginal perspectives and Core Competencies in our instruction: real work, real people, real needs
• We use consistent routines and structures, that support all students’ achievement, wellness and spiritual growth
• We intentionally design learning spaces and experiences that encourage collaboration, creativity and innovation
• Our curriculum choices are engaging, relevant, inspirational, and transformational
• Bachelor’s degree
• Written and oral fluency in Spanish sufficient to teach grade 9-12 languages.
• Valid BC teaching certification or independent schools teaching certification, or eligible for letter of permission to teach a specialized subject (Spanish)
• Basic computer and word processing skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
• Evidence of commitment to the Christian faith and service in the local church
• Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
This is a term, part-time position, but total FTE is negotiable depending on the candidate’s availability and desire to work fulltime.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: email@example.com.
• Pastoral reference letter
• Copies of relevant training and certifications
• Three professional references
Posting open until filled.