Kelowna Christian School is a Preschool – 12 school of over 700 students. Our vision declares that we
seek to be a Christ-like community passionately transforming our world. Our mission states that we exist
to educate, equip and inspire our school community to become disciples of Jesus who love and serve
God and others.
Kelowna Christian School is seeking a Christ-like, visionary, and student-centred leader to provide
instructional leadership and campus management for our 200+ student high school, which is part of our
Middle School / High School campus of grade to students. We are located in Kelowna, a beautiful tourism
and service centre in the Central Okanagan. Our non-denominational Christian school is governed by
Board, representing the Kelowna Christian School Society membership.
We’re looking for a High School Vice-Principal to lead and empower our campus leadership team. She/he
will be responsible for the day to day operations of the high school campus and report directly to the Head
of School and work collaboratively on a six member senior leadership team to provide leadership to the
broader school community. While the majority of the role will be administrative, the assignment will likely
contain some teaching – the exact nature and percentage to be determined.
The successful candidate will have proven strengths in the areas of fostering student learning, integration of Biblical worldview in education, leading and empowering staff/faculty, shared decision-making, team building, parent engagement and a passion for Christian education that is contagious.
Please give evidence of the following criteria in your application:
● BC teaching certification (or the ability to hold such a certification)
● Master’s Degree (or working towards one)
● Demonstrated school leadership (principal, vice principal, lead teacher, etc.)
● Evidence of strong written communication skills through quality of resume and attachments
● Completed application package
● Involvement in a Christian church
● 10+ years teaching experience, including experience at the senior high level
● Experience with school-wide organizing and planning, budgeting and facility management
● Training in assessment, curriculum and pedagogy, and the integration of technology in learning
● Demonstrated knowledge of support services: special education and learning assistance, and school counseling
● Knowledge of assessments and use of feedback to inform instruction and action plans
● Understanding of how to implement a Biblical framework in all aspects of a Christian school
● Knowledge and experience with implementation of best practices related to the revised BC senior high curriculum, instruction, assessment, technology integration, and school community
● KCS application
● a one page philosophy of Christian education
Electronic submission of application and supporting documentation should be sent to Mike Campbell,
Head of School (email@example.com).
The closing date for applications is Friday, November 30th , 2018