This 1.0 FTE (temporary April 15 – June 30) position includes Humanities 8 and English 9. Humanities 8 is an interdisciplinary program that combines Language Arts, Social Studies, and Biblical Perspectives; it is taught by a team that meets regularly to collaborate and plan together.
The teacher we are seeking will:
- possess current British Columbia teacher certification.
- have a vibrant Christian faith and a desire to foster Christian faith formation in young people.
- desire to become an active, contributing, collaborative member of a professional learning community.
- have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills with both adults and young people.
- have experience in the following areas:
- teaching within the subject area in a middle- or high-school setting
- employing teaching approaches that are responsive to 21st-century learning needs and best practices
- integrating a Christian worldview in curriculum and pedagogical approach
- letter of introduction
- statement of faith
- statement of philosophy of Christian education
- a recent teaching evaluation or practicum report
- Contact information for three references. Not all referees need to comment on the same aspects but, taken together, please ensure that the referees are able to comment substantially on your character, Christian faith, teaching ability, and passion for working with young people.
Application materials should be sent to:
Lorna Herzog (Principal) firstname.lastname@example.org
Pacific Christian Secondary School
Applications received prior to March 24 will be given priority.