MRCS Short-Term Programs
IELTS PREP Staff Role Descriptions
IELTS PREP INSTRUCTOR
Maple Ridge Christian School is an Independent School K-12 registered as a non-profit charity. We are establishing a new after-school IELTS test preparation course for our high school students, called IELTS PREP. We are looking for an experienced IELTS instructor to facilitate our program. An official IELTS core curriculum will be provided for the instructor to use.
- Bachelor’s Degree (English, TESOL or Education preferred)
- Certificate in TESOL/TESL or equivalent
- ESL or IELTS teaching experience (1 year minimum)
- English fluency required
- Mandarin fluency is an asset
- IELTS Score of 7.5 and above (not applicable for native English speakers)
- Provide a well-balanced, supportive, and engaging learning environment for students at different levels.
- Proven experience with the IELTS test and utilizing testing approaches to optimize student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrate excellent classroom management skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative thinking, problem solving, and the ability to adapt a new program to fit students’ needs.
- Ability to teach in-person group classes of 3 to 12 students.
Job Type: Part-time contract. February 1 – March 11, 2021. Possible opportunity for extension.
Schedule: Monday to Thursday, 3:15-5:45pm
Monet Lamphere, Short-Term Programs Coordinator
Tel: 604-465-4442 ext. 147
How to Apply:
- Submit the following documents to Mrs. Yvonne Cramer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Statement of faith