Part-Time Position Beginning Immediately
White Rock Christian Academy is seeking a committed Christian ECE Assistant for a part time position beginning immediately. The position includes assisting our ECE Lead teacher in our Junior Kindergarten classroom. Our Junior Kindergarten program is as follows:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday (4 year olds) – 20 students enrolled
Tuesday, Thursday (3/4 year olds) – 20 student enrolled
Both classes are from 8:45am-12:45pm.
We seek an individual who is confident collaborating within a team, working effectively with young children and assisting in various aspects of our program. The successful candidate will be a committed Christian who is a member of a local Christian church. The hours are approximately 8:15am to 1:15pm, Monday to Friday.
ECE Assistant job description:
- To maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment.
- Communicates professionally and appropriately with coordinators, teachers, students and parents
- Maintains confidentiality
- Work with teachers to facilitate the participation of all students with learning differences in classroom activities
- Provide support to the students individually or in small groups
- Participate in school-based team meetings
- Be an advocate for students and their needs
- Assist in adapting situations, environment, materials and activities so the students can be successful
- Implement planned strategies and activities for the students
- Communicate well with the ECE Lead Teacher and understand expectations which can change over time
- Be self-motivated, mature, responsible, positive, and intentional as an assistant in the JK Classroom
ECE Assistant qualifications:
- ECE Assistant Certification (or higher)
- Current First Aid
- Criminal Record Check
- Experience with IB (International Baccalaureate) and/or knowledge of the Reggio Emilia philosophy.
- Evidence of involvement in a local Christian faith community
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
Please complete the online application from the WRCA website and email your resume and statement of faith to: