Beginning Fall 2020
We are currently accepting applications for a two day a week French teacher beginning in fall 2020.
Langley Christian School runs a dynamic, energetic grade 6 to 8 program inculcated with a middle school philosophy for learning. Our teachers are BC certified, creative, resourceful and are passionate about learning. They are committed Christians who love working with tweens and teens.
Our work is guided by our vision, values and four strategic priorities:
- Establishing a culture of grace, love and safety
- Executing with excellence in everything we do
- Expanding our community reach and impact
- Establishing sustainable practices
Our community includes nearly 1200 students and over 160 staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. As an important member of our support staff team, you will work in a collaborative organization with high standards.
The ideal candidate is someone desiring to learn and grow in their skills, positively impacting youth and serving a thriving community of students, parents and faculty. We are not looking for perfection in a candidate, we are looking for passion and sense of purpose.
Our vision for Teaching & Learning:
- We intentionally build rapport and relationship with every student
- We use scaffolded and differentiated practices that are inclusive of diverse learners
- We have high standards and expectations of achievement for everyone
- We communicate clear learning goals and criteria for success
- We design quality assessments that inform our instruction and provide feedback for “what’s next?” to improve student learning
- We use proven, effective, high impact instructional strategies and practices
- We embed a Biblical thinking framework, aboriginal perspectives and Core Competencies in our instruction: real work, real people, real needs
- We use consistent routines and structures, that support all students’ achievement, wellness and spiritual growth
- We intentionally design learning spaces and experiences that encourage collaboration, creativity and innovation
- Our curriculum choices are engaging, relevant, inspirational, and transformational
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid BC teaching certification or independent schools teaching certification
- Coursework in language instruction and ability to speak, read and write French
- Evidence of commitment to the Christian faith and service in the local church
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
- Course work and training in literacy, numeracy and a core teachable subject
- Ability to implement evidence-based instructional and assessment practices
- Willingness and ability to coach athletics, or participate in fine arts is an asset.
Full time equivalency to be determined by applicant’s availability and school staffing needs to be determined.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pastoral reference letter
- Copies of relevant training and certifications
- Copies of recent performance evaluations
- Two professional references
Postings close March 13 or open until filled.