DCS is accepting full-time applications to fill a Learning Assistance Teacher position at the elementary level (0.4-0.6 FTE) effective September 2021. This posting is open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Delta Christian School has adopted a Community Standards Policy. A copy is available upon request.
The main responsibilities include:
- working alongside the Educational Support Services Coordinators
- directly supporting students with various learning needs such as learning disorders, ELL, gifted, etc.
- supervising EA’s
- developing and implementing IEP’s and Learning Support Plans
We are seeking applicants who:
- are BC certified teachers, or are able to become certified in BC
- have a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience or other relevant experience
- have completed a graduate degree in Special Education, a Diploma in Special Education or at least three (3) relevant courses in Special Education
- are committed to Christian Education
Applications will be accepted and considered immediately to confirm 2021-2022 employment. Submit the following to principal, Bryan Young, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Statement of Christian faith