Richmond Christian School is a PreK-12 school of over 1,000 students, located in the city of Richmond, BC, just south of Vancouver. We have 240 students in our Middle campus, Grades 6-8, and 330 students in our Secondary campus, Grades 9-12. Our mission is to equip all students to joyfully serve Christ in all aspects of life. To learn more about us, please visit our website at https://myrcs.ca/
We are seeking a qualified personal counsellor to join our staff team for the 2021-22 school year to support students with mental health and relationships, with an emphasis on wholeness and restoration. The start date is August 30, 2021.
School Counselor Job Responsibilities:
- Advises and counsels students in short-term social, emotional and mental health challenges.
- Remains universally accessible and tries to know every student for whom they are responsible.
- Provides individual student planning and responsive services to support students and their families regarding on-going counselling services.
- Works with classroom teachers to support students on topics related to Career Life curriculum, Physical Health Education through planned activities in small group or classroom settings to convey educational, social, and emotional wellbeing, and offers workshops/seminars for parents.
- Consults, facilitates, and maintains communication with parents, teachers, administrators, and pertinent agents on specific student and parent mental health matters including academic modifications and/or accommodations.
- Working closely with Administration and the ESS Department; participates on a School Based Teams, VTRA teams, and Student of Concern meetings, to identify student(s) who may need targeted or intensive services, and coordinates with behavioral health specialists.
- Provides counseling to address social and emotional concerns and appropriately refers students to behavioral health specialists.
- Communicates, coordinates, and collaborates with behavioral health specialists on developing and implementing student supports.
- Supports and attends appropriate student activities and events.School Counselor Qualifications/Skills:
- Desire and ability to work with students at the specified age level with diverse backgrounds and levels of ability toward supporting their mental and emotional health.
- Ability to organize tasks and manage time to meet many and varied deadlines and communicate effectively with students, parents, school administrators and other staff, including the ability to discuss topics which may be sensitive.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling.
- RCC or CCC designation
- Minimum of 1 year of school counseling or teaching experience
To apply, please send the following to Mr. Kevin Visscher, Incoming Superintendent: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Philosophy of Christian Education
- Statement of Faith
- Transcript (only applies to teachers who just finished their education)
Closing date: Open until filled
Thank you for your interest in Richmond Christian School, unfortunately only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All staff is asked to sign a community standards document that is available upon request.