Beginning Fall 2020
Langley Christian School is accepting applications for anticipated vacancies at primary (grades 1-3) in the fall 2020.
We are a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver high impact instruction and high-quality educational programming where all students thrive and are equipped to serve and transform our community. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, critical competencies and the character to transform lives through our service and influence, locally and regionally.
Our work is guided by our vision, values and four strategic priorities:
- Establishing a culture of grace, love and safety
- Executing with excellence in everything we do
- Expanding our community reach and impact
- Establishing sustainable practices
Our community includes nearly 1200 students and over 160 staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. As an important member of our support staff team, you will work in a collaborative organization with high standards.
The ideal candidate is someone desiring to learn and grow in their skills, positively impacting youth and serving a thriving community of students, parents and faculty. We are not looking for perfection in a candidate, we are looking for passion and sense of purpose.
Our vision for Teaching & Learning:
- We intentionally build rapport and relationship with every student
- We use scaffolded and differentiated practices that are inclusive of diverse learners
- We have high standards and expectations of achievement for everyone
- We communicate clear learning goals and criteria for success
- We design quality assessments that inform our instruction and provide feedback for “what’s next?” to improve student learning
- We use proven, effective, high impact instructional strategies and practices
- We embed a Biblical thinking framework, aboriginal perspectives and Core Competencies in our instruction: real work, real people, real needs
- We use consistent routines and structures, that support all students’ achievement, wellness and spiritual growth
- We intentionally design learning spaces and experiences that encourage collaboration, creativity and innovation
- Our curriculum choices are engaging, relevant, inspirational, and transformational
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid BC teaching certification or independent schools teaching certification
- Evidence of commitment to the Christian faith and service in the local church
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Ability to implement evidence-based instructional and assessment practices
- Strong foundation of social emotional learning skills
- Willingness and ability to coach athletics or participate in fine arts programming is an asset
- Training and/or certification in Early Childhood Education (ECE) and early literacy practices is an asset
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: email@example.com
- Pastoral reference letter
- Copies of relevant training and certifications
- Copies of recent performance evaluations
- Two professional references
Postings close March 13 or open until filled.