Property and Facilities Maintenance Job Description
The King’s School is a ministry of The King’s Community Church and is located on the church’s beautiful 23-acre property near Our heart is to serve the wider community of Langley by teaching children to develop a God-centred worldview. We also desire to nurture our students in the ways of the Lord, particularly in knowing, showing, and enjoying God in all things.
We are looking for a ministry-minded, responsible maintenance person who is a self-starter and will take ownership to maintain and improve our facilities.
The external and internal appearance of our property is an important aspect of our ministry. Our maintenance person needs to show care, attention to detail and be proactive in all aspects of maintenance and groundskeeping.
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and building maintenance. (Replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks, basic plumbing, painting, etc.).
- Basic maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Groundskeeping: watering plants, mowing lawns, cleaning entrances.
- Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.).
- Snow clearing and salting as required in winter of staircases, walkways etc., ensuring the safety of staff and students.
- Periodic cleaning of gutters and inspection of classrooms during heavy rains.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Secure facilities when required after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm.
- On-call with an alarm monitoring company.
- The individual affirms our mission and statement of faith.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial equipment and appliances.
- Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices, such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, cement work, heating, welding, roofing, and related work.
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to prepare estimates of time, materials, and labour; work from plans and specifications; work with limited supervision; follow oral and written instructions; form and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Experience performing routine maintenance
- Eye for detail.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Positions in this class are required to drive with class 5 DL and include the ability to drive a tractor, ride-on lawnmower.
- Ability to lift 50lbs unassisted.
40 hours per week, between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
On-call for emergency and security alarm monitoring.
Directly reports to the Property Manager.
Monthly meetings with the Property Manager.
Pay & Benefits
Pay will be based on experience.
Extended medical benefits.
Cell phone stipend.
Two weeks of Vacation.
The King’s School