In this vital role, the SCSBC Executive Assistant provides executive administrative support for the Executive Director, SCSBC Board and its committees, as well as providing administrative assistance to the Directors of Learning, Educational Support Services, Finance and Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Executive Director by preparing for and managing priorities, meetings and reports.
- Provide support for the SCSBC Board of Directors as well as committees that report to the Board; including taking minutes at quarterly board meetings.
- Provide administrative support to ensure effective and efficiently run meetings and events. Prepare agendas and issue meeting minutes and other follow-up material when required. Gather and organize meeting materials in advance. Locate and reserve appropriate meeting spaces, work with involved parties for room-setups, AV needs, catering needs, and manage registrations.
- Provide administrative support for Leadership and Program reviews.
- Book travel for both staff and guests.
- Communicate with schools as required by the Directors.
- Manage memberships, including the annual collection of school data.
- Monitor document libraries on SharePoint and maintain paper and electronic filing systems.
- Manage annual subscriptions – ERAC, BC Digital Classroom
- Maintain basic office equipment and restocking inventory of office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Received: Executive Director
Job Standards and Requirements
- Bachelor degree and/or significant executive assistant experience preferred
- Prior experience in a Christian school setting preferred and at least 3-5 years’ experience assisting senior level personnel
- Power user of MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Acrobat Pro
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress and survey gathering tools such as SurveyMonkey
Skills and Abilities
- Professional and organizational abilities required, ensuring the smooth operation of a fast-paced office environment all the while juggling multiple priorities and time sensitive requests
- Detail-oriented and a diligent self-starter
- Strong interpersonal abilities, including the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Problem solving abilities
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to multi-task amidst regular interruptions
A committed Christian with a desire to support Christian education.
Submit your resume, a statement of faith, and 3 references (two professional and one personal) to:
Ed Noot, Executive Director
Society of Christian Schools in BC
Closing date: February 2, 2018
Starting date: March 26, 2018
More information about SCSBC can be found at www.scsbc.ca.