Job Title: Short Term International Coordinator
Reports to: International Student Program Coordinator, Lead Principal
The Short Term International Coordinator (STIC) is primarily responsible for the coordination and implementation of international group programs to be organized during regular school breaks (Christmas, Spring Break, and Summer). The role works in consultation with the International Program Coordinator and Homestay Coordinator. The role is responsible for implementing a strategic plan for short term international programs that are sustainable, profitable, and engaging.
The STIC will support the overall mission and vision of the school and be an ambassador for the organization, advancing MRCS with relevant constituents and developing strong relationships with local and international partners.
- Develop and implement a clear strategic plan for short term international programs that are sustainable and profitable, and promotes language learning and authentic Canadian experiences
- Develop a short term program that aligns with the strategic plan of the organization
- Must set up medical insurance plans, maintain files (passports, visas, student allergies, application forms, homestay compatibility)
- Ensure the short term program upholds the mission, vision, and core values of MRCS
- Plan and manage all aspects of the short term international programs
- Recruit, plan, facilitate and manage programs during summer and spring break
- Recruit, plan, facilitate and manage programs during the school year, depending on space availability on campus, and within the restrictions of hosting a specific group
- Ensure that curriculum is kept up to date
- Travel abroad when necessary and in agreement with MRCS Administration, to recruit students/groups, and to strengthen relationships
- Attend Educational Fairs when necessary
- Schedule, counsel, and support all short term individual students
- Work with Homestay Coordinator to plan homestay arrangements for students
- Ensure the accommodation and hospitality of any and all visiting International agents/ escorts/ directors/ representatives
- Liaise with administration team regarding programs and projections
- Liaise with teachers regarding programs and individual students
- Liaise with office staff regarding programs and individual students
- Be available to meet with parents of short term students locally and abroad during trips
- Ensure that programs within the school year are managed in a way that minimizes the impact for MRCS teachers and the campus in general
- Liaise with Facilities Manager regarding programs throughout the year
- Invoice and ensure payment of specific programs through International Student Program Coordinator
- Deal with issues relating to breaches of the Code of Conduct and general discipline
- Provide necessary documentation for groups and individual short term students
- Liaise with parents of short term individual students
- Arrange for airport pick up and drop offs for every program
- Homestay orientation for all groups
- Facilitate and host Farewell parties for groups when scheduled
- Update and maintain marketing materials for short term program in consultation with Development Office
- Be on call 24/7 while programs are on site
- Promote MRCS and the MRCS Brand
- Hire staff needed to support the short term program
- Oversee staff and volunteers needed to run the program
- Ensure that staff are following the provided curriculum outlines and are prepared
- A college diploma or degree with an emphasis in an appropriate discipline such as Education, Cross-cultural Studies, or International Education field.
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) certification or equivalent recommended
- Recent related experience in International Education including: international experience teaching ESL, the coordination of ESL programs including program design and program evaluation, curriculum development, budgeting, hiring, instructor training and assessment.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution and mediation in a cross-cultural setting.
- Experience dealing with cross-cultural and homestay issues.
- Excellent use of computer applications including Google Suite of Applications (Drive, Docs, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills combined with an understanding of diversity, and cross-cultural communication, conflict management and mediation skills.
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of all parties with sensitivity to cultural differences in limited English language environments.
- Growing as a leader who is Christ-like in character, full of faith and has a growing relationship with Jesus
- Must be willing to adhere and sign the Maple Ridge Christian School Community Standards Agreement