Heritage Christian Online School, a ministry of Kelowna Christian Center Society, has a contract opening for a ROSETTA STONE (ADVANTAGE) SPANISH TEACHER
The primary role of this position is to teach the Rosetta Stone Spanish Advantage Grades 10 through 12 courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
Details of this contract will be defined in the 2018-19 Scope of Work and will include:
Working Knowledge of the Course Curriculum
Consultation and Course Planning
- Assist the student with supplemental materials as necessary to align with the modernized curriculum.
- To engage in the instruction of the course material and the assessment of evidence of learning.
- To complete term report card grades and comments within Encom.
- To work with the learning management software Moodle for course support and evidence of learning management.
- To work within Rosetta Stone to assess student work.
- To communicate verbally with students, in the foreign language, to assess oral skills.
- BC Teaching Certificate
- Ability to build relationships and work relationally with students at this grade level.
- Ability to deal with a variety of writing levels and competencies.
- Ability to work with Moodle, Encom, Zoom and Skype – or the willingness to learn new platforms.
- Be comfortable working on a computer
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management skills
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Home office environment. Extended periods of time working on a computer, consistent office hours available for students.
Required to be at RenewEd (August) and CHEC (April) in Kelowna.
Rate of pay is $250.00 per student.
Please apply online as soon as possible by clicking the link or by copying and pasting the following link onto your web browser: https://forms.kccnet.ca/view.php?id=213258