Pacific Christian School engages learners from Christian families to nurture them in “Christ-like living, critical thinking, and joyful service.”
We are seeking a dynamic Christian teacher who possesses skill and vision in the area of Information and Communications Technology. The ideal candidate will have the ability to shape the program to best meet student learning needs and to advance the mission of the school. Building on basic digital literacy and citizenship, specific areas of learning include media production, programming (e.g. Python, Java), graphic design, and hands-on approaches such as Arduino and robotics.
This teaching assignment could be part-time or could be complemented with teaching in other subject areas and/or providing educational technology support to round out a full-time position. This position is for the 2019/20 school year and beyond, with a start date of August 26, 2019.
The teacher that we are seeking will:
• possess (or be eligible to obtain) British Columbia teacher certification
• have a vibrant Christian faith and a desire to foster Christian faith formation in young people
• desire to become an active, collaborative member of a learning community
• have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills with both adults and young people
• have positive experience in the following areas:
o teaching in a high-school setting
o employing teaching approaches that are responsive to 21st-century learning needs and best practices
o integrating a Christian worldview in curriculum and pedagogical approach
To apply, please forward the following by March 15, 2019:
• letter of introduction; please note any additional teaching interests
• statement of faith
• academic transcripts
• copy of current-year TRB certification
• Contact information for three references. Not all referees need to comment on the same aspects but, taken together, please ensure that the referees are able to comment substantially on your character, Christian faith, teaching ability, and passion for working with young people.
Application materials should be sent to:
Lorna Herzog (Principal)
Pacific Christian Secondary School
654 Agnes St.