Burlington Christian Academy, Principal
Burlington Christian Academy (BCA) is inviting applicants to apply for the position of Principal for the school year commencing September 2024. The successful candidate will have proven expertise in the areas of education, administration, strategic planning and leadership. The qualifying individual must be a born-again Christian who demonstrates a love of Christian education and is actively involved in a local church.
Burlington Christian Academy (BCA) is a biblically based, award-winning private Christian Elementary school located in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. A beautiful conservation area surrounds the 25,000-square-foot education facility, providing the students with access to hiking trails and outdoor learning opportunities. Over 160 students in grades JK through 8 partake in one of the most progressive educational programs in Southern Ontario.
Along with a strong academic heritage, BCA offers many extra-curricular programs, including athletics, music, and drama.
BCA follows the Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum and is a member of Association of Christian Schools International Eastern Canada (ACSIEC) and Edvance Christian Schools Association.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Principal Qualifications Part I and II
- Demonstrated experience with Special Education policies and procedures or completion of Special Education Part I
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Bible-based training
- Successful experience as a Principal or Vice Principal demonstrating proven leadership effectiveness in the school community
- Master’s degree (or working towards one)
- Christian School Principal Certification (CSPC)
- Five years of successful classroom teaching experience
- A competitive salary that corresponds with the Edvance-Vocate compensation grid
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Retirement benefits with employer contribution
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tuition benefits for children of employees
The proposed start date is August 2024, or a mutually agreed upon date.
Candidates are encouraged to electronically submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Provide references upon request
- Statement of Faith
- Statement of philosophy of Christian leadership and education
Burlington Christian Academy
521 North Service Rd W
Burlington ON L7P 5C3
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.