OPEN POSITION: Head of School
(Ref. no.: L_HOS_184)
Christian Alliance International School (CAIS) invites applications from outstanding Christian leaders to join our team as the Head of School in raising the next generation of students to influence society for the good of people and to the glory of God.
The Head of School is an important and pivotal role of the School leadership team, contributing to the development and implementation of the School’s Registered Management Committee (RMC) Strategic Goals.
The Head of School is to be responsible via the School Supervisor to the RMC for the smooth and effective running of the School, with major responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- To perform the duties diligently and conscientiously in ensuring the Christian motto and values of the School’s sponsoring body are observed;
- To maintain a harmonious relationship with the RMC, the respective school sponsoring bodies of the international schools and other educational bodies under the operation of the Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance (KTAC);
- To supervise all staff and administrators in delivering high quality education in line with the approved curricula;
- To formulate and develop along with the RMC a proactive succession plan, including building up senior leadership capabilities;
- To ensure effective communications with stakeholders of the school;
- To supervise the release of information within the School and with any external body;
- To ensure effective utilization of all school resources and compliance with the laid down school policies/manuals and applicable government policies;
- To report the misdemeanor of stakeholders to the RMC and take appropriate disciplinary action in accordance with the Staff Manual or as per the resolution(s) of the RMC;
- To participate in the planning and design of any projects relating to school development and expansion;
- To attend all meetings of the School, the RMC and the School’s sponsoring body;
- To plan for raising school funds subject to the approval of the RMC and KTAC and to supervise all school donation activities;
- To supervise the financial matters of the school and to plan for annual financial budgets and submit the same to the RMC for approval;
- To conduct and oversee acquisition and safekeeping of school facilities;
- To ensure that the school premises are kept, repaired and maintained in good condition;
- To formulate school development plans and policies to meet the needs for school’s planning, operations and development; to supervise all administrative work of the school and help staff members familiarize with the contents of the plans and policies; to propose changes required to such plans and policies to the RMC, where necessary;
- To manage personnel affairs, including making recommendations to the relevant subcommittees on hiring (except the school principal), promotion, and discharge of staff, and disciplinary actions concerning them;
- To conduct appraisals for the staff members and implement systematic professional development plans every year; ensure staff appraisal reports are compiled punctually and fairly;
- To review and analyze the results and analyses regarding all public examinations and assessments of the academic performance of students of the School, and report to the RMC on an annual basis with a view to ensuring the provision of quality education by the School;
- To ensure that the school management and learning and teachings abide by the Education Ordinance and the law of Hong Kong;
- To attend to any school emergency in consultation with the RMC Chairman and/or the Supervisor as and when necessary;
- To perform any other duties as instructed by the RMC via the RMC Chairman and/or the Supervisor.
To qualify for the role, applicants should be a passionate Christian educator with a sound academic and teaching qualifications and experience, and demonstrated with academic leadership and relevant administrative experience.
Terms of Appointment
Vacancy of the position will occur from August 2024. The contract commencement date is expected to be in August 2024 or earlier. A finite contract would be offered and is renewable, subject to mutual agreement. There will be a twelve-month probation period.
To obtain a candidate information pack, please contact:
Resolve Consulting Group