In community, NCS pursues Christ-centered educational excellence that equips students to live Biblically, act responsibly, work cooperatively, communicate effectively and achieve success in who God has called them to be.
Nanaimo Christian School will be a community where:
- God comes first.
- Gifts will be developed.
- Leaders will be created.
- Students will be known and will come before programs.
- Learning, playing, performing, creating and serving will be celebrated.
- Partnerships with families will be formed.
- Impact will be made on the community.
- Finances and resources will be used responsibly.
- Facilities will be a place for dynamic learning, providing opportunities for growth and community engagement.
About the Opportunity
Nanaimo Christian School is seeking expressions of interest from qualified candidates who sense a call to lead us into the next phase of growth for our school as our Head of School, starting July 1, 2024. The ideal candidate will be able to inspire, guide and encourage a strong, collaborative and creative team of administrators, teachers, and support and operational staff. The Head of School will be accountable to the Board as they develop and implement strategic goals. We desire a leader who resonates with, and can see themselves being the champion of, our goal that everyone in our community can belong, believe, and achieve at Nanaimo Christian School.
Who We Are
Opened in 1984, Nanaimo Christian School is a Christ-centered, grace-filled community with more than 670 students in K-12 and 60 students in preschool. The approach to education is caring, flexible and innovative, allowing children to reach their unique potential so they can live their calling and impact their community.
NCS is a place where students can belong, believe and achieve like never before.
Right away, students feel the love at Nanaimo Christian School. They’re welcomed, noticed, encouraged and cared for. NCS is a place where their unique God-given gifts are celebrated. It is a place where they know that they belong, and they are known for who God has created them to be.
Everything we do and teach is rooted in the Christian faith and God’s Word. We go beyond rules and consequences to reach our students’ hearts and inspire Christ-like transformation. We want them to love who God has called and created them to be.
At NCS, we teach the curriculum provided by the BC Ministry of Education, but we do it our way. We recognize that each student is unique, and we are constantly changing how we teach to meet the needs of our students. Achievement isn’t measured only by academic excellence but also by seeing students succeed in who God has called them to be.
Nanaimo Christian School is God’s school and is a light in our community. The past decade has seen our population double in size and has required the establishment of strong, dynamic and collaborative divisional administrative teams at all three levels. Looking ahead, we have the need to grow our facilities to meet the demand for Christian education in our expanding city. We are at capacity, and we are looking for a relational, visionary leader who can lead us into the next season with excitement and anticipation.
We seek expressions of interest from experienced educational leaders who will remain faithful to God’s calling for Nanaimo Christian School.
The Head of School:
- Sets the spiritual tone and, working with administrative teams, and is responsible for the ethos of the school;
- Serves as lead spokesperson for the school, personally exemplifying the mission and core values of the school and communicating the vision in word and action in the school and broader community;
- Inspires, directs, supervises and coaches the admin team towards goals, creating a collaborative culture in which continuous improvement in best-practices is the norm;
- Demonstrates a systems focus and a strong business acumen, understanding and prioritizing long-term financial sustainability;
- Demonstrates wisdom in stewardship and decision-making, with knowledge of how to manage risk;
- Ensures that the school is a safe place in all ways and that a culture of love, respect and grace permeates the school;
- Provides close oversight of recruitment, selection, and supervision of the school’s human resources;
- Hires, evaluates, and promotes professional staff, encouraging and coaching employees for their own growth and development and to the benefit of the school.
- Willing to fully commit to Nanaimo Christian School’s mission, vision and core values
- Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or equivalent graduate degree
- British Columbia Professional Teachers’ Certificate or transferable equivalent
- Knowledgeable of the BC Ministry of Education requirements and its relationship to the BC Independent School
- Demonstrates a strong relationship with Christ and belongs to a Bible-believing church
- Experience in leading significant organizational growth and overseeing development with a minimum five years of educational leadership experience
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities with a purpose that is directed by NCS’s mission and vision
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Statement of Philosophy of Christian education and leadership
- Personal Testimonial
- Three References (two professional and one personal)
Nanaimo Christian School is thankful for all applications from qualified candidates. Candidates selected for next steps will be contacted.