PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 6488 Townline Rd, Smithville, ON L0R 2A0
High School Principal – Smithville Christian High School
This executive search is conducted by Nelson/Kraft & Associates on behalf of Smithville Christian High School
Smithville Christian High School is seeking an experienced and relational Principal (Administrator) for the start of the 2024/2025 school year.
The Principal is responsible for all facets of the institution including, but not limited to, enacting the school’s vision/mission and strategic priorities, meeting the school’s fundraising goals, maintaining educational accreditation, and managing finances, facilities, development, and human resources. The Principal will report to the board and be responsible for all day-to-day aspects of the school, board relations, curriculum, administration, and contribute to the long-term success of the school. The Principal builds, trains, and leads a highly qualified faculty, and pursues building community with external stakeholders. Partnering with staff and parents, they attend to the intellectual, spiritual, moral, and physical growth of each student.
If you are both a servant leader and professional educator who believes in the value and relevance of Christian education, we would love to hear from you!
WHO WE ARE
Smithville Christian High School is an independent Christian school in the heart of the Niagara Region. Offering excellent, Christ-centered education to students in Grades 9 to 12, our core purpose is to train students to live as responsible disciples of Jesus Christ. We accomplish this purpose by shaping our instruction and relationships around our core values: Belong, Believe, Succeed. Smithville Christian High School is a member of Christian Schools International and Edvance Christian Schools Association.
- Servant leadership style.
- Collaborative and faith-based leadership style.
- Humility, authenticity and professionalism.
- Networking and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and confrontational skills.
- Effective planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
- Strategic thinking and execution skills.
- Accountability and dependability.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Financial acumen, management, and budgeting skills.
- Strong technology skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and a current teaching degree.
- CSTC, CSPC, OCT, and/or PQP are assets.
- Master’s degree that is completed or in progress.
- Teaching/classroom experience at the high school level.
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in a Christian school.
- Must demonstrate a Christian worldview of creation, fall, redemption, and restoration.
- Active Christian faith walk as demonstrated by involvement in a local church.
- Fully committed and aligned with the Statement of Faith and Christian Living Policy.
- Proven experience managing both operational and capital budgets.
- Must be a visionary leader who reflects the mission of and passion for Christian education.
- Able to work with all stakeholders to develop short, medium, and long-range plans.
- Proven track record of successfully working with a board.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Location: Smithville, ON
Application Deadline: January 12, 2024
Start Date: September 2024
Salary Range: $106,000 – $126,000
TO APPLY please send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Smithville – Principal” in the subject line.
To obtain a complete Opportunity Profile, please visit our website.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive consulting firm that specializes in working with not-for-profits and for-profit businesses across Canada, assisting them in the placement of senior executives and directors.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position. Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion in its hiring practices, and will only make distinctions among interested applicants in accordance with the applicable Human Rights legislation.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. also welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.