Employment Type: 1.0 FTE (50% administration and 50% teacher)
Start Date – August 23, 2024
Salary Range: $79,000 – $103,500 (dependent on education/certificate and experience)
Unity Christian School, located in the picturesque city of Chilliwack, British Columbia, is seeking a dedicated and passionate Middle School Vice-Principal and Teacher for the 2024 – 2025 school year. Unity Christian School is a vibrant Pre-K – 12 Christ-centered learning community serving over 600 students and 275 families in the Eastern Fraser Valley. The mission of Unity Christian School is to “nurture our students’ God-given potential as they humbly serve God’s world.”
The Middle School Vice-Principal plays a key role in supporting the mission and vision of Unity Christian School. We are seeking a school leader who shares our vision for Christian Education and has the capacity to provide staff the support necessary to live out the mission of Unity Christian School. Working collaboratively with the Educational Leadership Team, the Middle Vice-Principal is responsible to foster a Christ-centered, welcoming, and engaging learning environment for our students. The Middle School Vice-Principal position is 50% administrative and 50% classroom teaching. The teaching responsibilities will be determined with the candidate. The Middle School Vice-Principal needs to reflect our staff core values:
- Mission Oriented – nurturing our students’ God-given potential as they humbly serve God’s world.
- Growth Seekers – keeping a growth mindset and being committed to growing in our profession using our PGP (Professional Growth Plan).
- Kingdom Builders – serving our students and providing opportunities for them to serve one another and their local and global community.
- Joyful Collaborators – working closely with colleagues and learning together.
- Sabbath Keepers – prioritizing time to refrain from work and to focus on health and wellness; intentionally setting time aside to pray and commune with God and His people
You can review the Middle School Vice-Principal job description here.
About our Middle School and Staff Team
The middle school is home to 12 committed teaching staff members and 150 students in grades 6 – 8. Our dedicated staff work collaboratively to inspire and equip students for a lifetime of service and flourishing. The middle school staff is one that is highly collaborative, integrative, and focused on meeting the unique learning needs of middle school students. We seek to empower students to own their learning, and to provide a grace-filled community that allows students to be challenged in their faith and learning.
Each candidate must be:
- a committed Christian
- a BC certified teacher (or be able to qualify for BC certification)
- dedicated to Christian education.
- 5+ years teaching experience at the MS level
- Relevant administrative experience
- Master Degree in Educational Leadership (or working on it)
Each application should include:
- a current cover letter and resume (including at least 2 professional references, with phone numbers/emails)
- your BC Teacher’s Certificate, or equivalent if you’re from out of province
- university transcripts, if available (copies are acceptable)
- your “Applicant Statement of Faith”using specific form attached
Email your application to: email@example.com
Unity Christian School
Matt Van Muyen –System Principal