Abbotsford Christian School, located in the Fraser Valley, is a well-established interdenominational school of 1320 students on three campuses: Elementary (preschool – grade 4), Middle (5-8), and Secondary (9-12).
Abbotsford Christian School is accepting applications for a K-12 SCHOOL COUNSELLOR for the 2024-25 school year. This position is 0.7 FTE, adjustable based on the applicant’s skill set, salaried, beginning September 1, 2024.
The position provides support and counselling for students from K-12 and collaborates with teaching staff to develop and deliver mental health classroom strategies that support students. Our current staff is highly skilled and adaptable; we are looking for the right candidate to complement our team. For additional information about working at ACS, we encourage applicants to review our Educator Opportunity Profile.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate an exemplary ability to build strong relationships with students in a discipling capacity. To learn more about how our mission to engage minds, nurture hearts, and shape God’s world plays out in ACS’ classrooms, we encourage you to read the stories of deeper learning experiences and projects in our 2022-23 Annual Report.
Specific qualifications include:
- MA Degree in Counselling or equivalent
- Registration with provincial Board (BCACC, BCSC); RCC or CCC
- BC Teaching Certificate will be an asset
- Experience in Restorative Practices will be an asset
The ideal applicant must:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of ‘at-risk youth’ protocols through references and current practices
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Christian education and Christian counselling through resume and attachments
- Demonstrate evidence of a deep and disciplined understanding of the Christian worldview
- Be able to sign off on and adhere to the school’s community standards agreement
- Demonstrate an ability to build rapport with students
- Demonstrate a willingness to work in a team environment
- Be able to work professionally and confidently with the ability to adapt to situations as needs arise
See the complete job description.
The salary range for this position is $62,000 – $94,000 (for 1.0/100% FTE) and is dependent on an applicant’s qualifications and experiences.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, statement of philosophy of Christian personal counselling, transcripts from all relevant post-secondary education, and three professional references to:
Abbotsford Christian School
35011 Old Clayburn Road
Abbotsford, BC V2S 7L7
Phone: 604.755-1891 Fax: 604.850.8075
CLOSING DATE: February 29, 2024.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early in the search process, ACS reserves the right to make an appointment at any time. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.