Abbotsford Christian School, located in the Fraser Valley, is a well-established interdenominational school of 1320 students in three campuses: Elementary (preschool – grade 4), Middle (5-8), and Secondary (9-12).
SECONDARY MATHEMATICS TEACHER
Abbotsford Christian School is accepting applications for a SECONDARY MATHEMATICS TEACHER for the 2023/24–25 school year. This position is full-time, salaried, and begins on September 1, 2024.
This is a maternity leave position that continues until June 30, 2025. However, due to anticipated ongoing growth at our secondary campus this could likely become a permanent position. This position is primarily focused on teaching mathematics. Depending on the applicant’s experience and qualifications the teaching load may be adjusted for the 2024-2025 school year. For additional information about teaching at ACS, review our Educator Opportunity Profile.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate an exemplary ability to build strong relationships with students in a discipling capacity. To learn more about how our mission to engage minds, nurture hearts, and shape God’s world plays out in ACS’ classrooms, we encourage you to read the stories of deeper learning experiences and projects in our 2022-23 Annual Report.
Specific qualifications include:
- BA Degree in Education (or equivalent) with a specialty
- BC Teaching Certificate
- Extracurricular experience
- Clear understanding of Christian education
The ideal applicant must:
- Demonstrate evidence of a deep and disciplined understanding of the Christian worldview
- Articulate a clear and compelling vision for a 21st century mathematics program
- Have the ability to build rapport with students
- Have a reputation for being an excellent educator and model servant leadership
- Have experience with project-based learning or Deeper Learning pedagogies
- Demonstrate a willingness to work in a team environment in a progressive and creative school
- Be able to work professionally and confidently with the ability to adapt to situations as needs arise
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
The salary range for this position is $56,000 – $94,000 and is dependent on an applicant’s qualifications and experiences.
Please send resume, statement of philosophy of Christian education, references, and any applicable credentials to:
Abbotsford Christian Secondary School
35011 Old Clayburn Road
Abbotsford, BC V2S 7L7
Phone: 604.755.1891 Fax: 604.850.8075
CLOSING DATE: March 8, 2024
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates should note, however, that in the event outstanding applicants are identified early in the search process, ACS reserves the right to make an appointment at any time. For this reason, it is important that interested candidates apply as soon as possible.