Maple Ridge Christian School invites applications for the following full-time position:
Child and Youth Care Worker – Youth Engagement Support
OVERVIEW: The Child and Youth Care Worker will work collaboratively with teachers, counsellors, school administrators and other allied professionals in support of learner success from a strengths-based perspective. The Child and Youth Care Worker assists in the delivery of programs and services to students identified as experiencing behavioural challenges and/or learning difficulties. Although responsibilities vary from time to time, the Child and Youth Care Workers duties within the school setting include supporting the development of learner social-emotional well-being via, in part, the implementation of positive behaviour support plans and the implementation of various programs and techniques promoting learner social skill development and positive self-image.
SUMMARY: The Youth Worker reports to the administrator/designate and provides supplementary support to students and their families.
- Participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team that provides an individualized program for students who have behavioral difficulties.
- Works collaboratively with educational teams and community partners by assisting in the design, implementation and monitoring of appropriate programs and supports.
- Provides additional counseling support to ‘at risk’ students in the school and in other locations as directed.
- Communicates students’ progress with staff and any external parties involved;
- Writes reports under the direction of counselors/teachers
- Available for meetings with parents / external parties as needed
- Encourages students to participate in the social and recreational life of the school and community.
- Liaises with the Director of Student Support and/or Leadership Team regarding the students’ needs
- Researches background information on referred students, summarizes information in writing and communicates such information to relevant staff
- Assists in the re-integration of students into regular/alternate school programs, articulates with new placement personnel and gives support to students as required.
- Prepares written reports and a variety of correspondence as required.
- Child and Youth Care Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience is an asset.
Position begins in September 2021.
Please submit resume, statement of faith and copy of diploma/or equivalent to email@example.com by August 31, 2021.