Who we are
VCS is a school community passionate about Christian education. We are looking for people who can demonstrate their commitment to a Christ-centred life through involvement in a faith community and understand and acknowledge the mission, vision and community standards of VCS.
Join our Team
At VCS, we have the privilege of teaching and shaping our students through every interaction within and outside our classrooms. As teaching staff, we love to nurture the potential we see in every child and to share God’s love through our actions and words.
- Certified teacher in British Columbia.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Education
- ECE is an asset
- Experience teaching numeracy and literacy
- Understanding of faith integration across the curriculum
- Strong understanding of differentiated instruction
- Strong working knowledge of current pedagogy, sound assessment practices and learning
- Empowered by technology
- Strong communicator
- Enthusiastic, collaborative team member
To express your interest in joining our team please provide us with the following documents:
- Cover letter and full resume
- Statement of faith
- Personal philosophy of Christian education
- Recent graduates (up to two years of teaching experience) require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced teachers (two or more years of teaching experience) require a recent (within the past 8 years) Teaching Evaluation Report (not lesson observations)
- 3 professional references – email and phone numbers
- Recent graduates (up to two years of teaching experience) to include your Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and one or more of the following: Principal, Vice Principal or most recent previous employer
- Experienced teachers (two or more years of teaching experience) to include current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
Please email your application package to email@example.com, with “Primary Teachers” in the subject line.
While we appreciate your interest in Vancouver Christian School, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.