Who we are
VCS is a school community passionate about Christian education. We are looking for people who can demonstrate their commitment to a Christ-centred life through involvement in a faith community and understand and acknowledge the mission, vision and community standards of VCS.
Join our Teaching Team
We are seeking an experienced Resource Teacher (Grade 4 and 5) to fill a one-year maternity leave position, tentatively starting on April 13, 2023. This is a part-time position working approximately 4 days per week or the equivalent of 80% of full time.
Resource teachers have significant responsibility in helping children develop the academic, behavioural, and social skills to fully grasp curriculum. They have the ability to modify teaching methods to target the unique needs of students with learning disabilities. Resource teachers will be able to assess student progress and be able to communicate that with all stakeholders. Resource teachers must attend regular professional development to learn new instructional strategies and be confident in coaching and mentoring teachers.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to offer tier 1 supports which can include various accommodations, adaptations, and modifications
- Support classroom teachers and offers tier 2 supports which can include small group teaching of targeted concepts
- Participate in the intermediate sub-division meetings and in curriculum planning for students with diverse needs
- Work alongside the resource teacher coordinator and divisional educational support services coordinator; participate in the K-12 resource team
- Support those with diverse learning needs (with a focus on students with Q and/or P designations)
- Develop and implement learning support plans and individualized education plans
- Use best practices, learning interventions, and educational assessments and support student learning
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of student referrals and collaborative school based team meetings
- Provide instructional coaching to classroom teachers
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with parents and students
- BC certified teacher with the ability to nurture the holistic growth of students and understand their potential
- Teaching experience, ideally in Grade 4-5
- Graduate degree in Special Education, a Diploma in Special Education or at least three (3) relevant university-level courses in Special Education and a keen interest in learning research. Aspiring resource teachers will need to take courses of their own accord to study adaptive curriculum, learning disabilities, instructional methods, and assistive technology
- Committed to Christian education
- Think and work adaptively and collaborate strategically with teachers and families
To express your interest in joining our team please provide us with the following documents:
- Cover letter and full resume
- Statement of faith
- Personal philosophy of Christian education
- Recent graduates (up to two years of teaching experience) require final Practicum Reports
- Experienced teachers (two or more years of teaching experience) require a recent (within the past 8 years) Teaching Evaluation Report (not lesson observations)
- 3 professional references – email and phone numbers
- Recent graduates (up to two years of teaching experience) to include your Faculty Advisor, School Advisor(s) and one or more of the following: Principal, Vice Principal or most recent previous employer
- Experienced teachers (two or more years of teaching experience) to include current Principal, Vice Principal and previous Administrator(s)
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com.
While we appreciate your interest in Vancouver Christian School, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The job posting will be available until the position has been filled.