Pacific Christian is seeking someone to fill the role of Elementary School Counselor for a temporary position from November 2022 to June 2023.
The ideal candidate will:
- be highly relational, a good listener, and skilled at putting children at ease
- be highly organized and able to prioritize effectively
- have a vibrant Christian faith and a desire to foster Christian faith formation in children
- have experience in providing individual counselling and group guidance to help students cope with personal, social, academic, and family concerns
The successful candidate will work alongside the Student Services team to support overall student life and wellness. In this role, the successful applicant will:
- promote personal and social development that is appropriate for each developmental stage
- counsel students, their families, and the community to foster growth in the students’ self-esteem, individual responsibility, and in skill development
- collaborate with Student Services to provide wrap-around support for students
- enhance students’ educational achievement through goal setting and assisting with the development of IEPs in collaboration with the Student Services team
- teach social-emotional learning with direct instruction in our Kindergarten through Grade 2 classes
While preference will be given to qualified applicants who possess BC Teacher Certification and a Master’s in Counseling, we will also consider applications from individuals who demonstrate relevant experience, skills and other post-secondary education but are not certified teachers.
This is currently a 1.0 FTE position. However, we may consider a part-time position for the right candidate.
To apply, please forward the following to Heidi Young-Thompson, Elementary Principal (email@example.com).
- letter of introduction
- statement of faith
- Contact information for three references. Not all referees need to comment on the same aspects but, taken together; please ensure that the referees can offer insight on character, Christian faith, relevant experience, and passion for working with children.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by October 12, 2022.