Elementary Teacher – 0.5 Part-Time September 2023
Pacific Christian School
Pacific Christian School invites applicants for a part-time grade 2 Primary Teacher. This a job share, working two or three days each alternating week. Ideally, the teacher we are seeking will:
- possess current British Columbia teacher certification.
- have a vibrant Christian faith and a desire to foster Christian faith formation in young people.
- desire to become an active, contributing, collaborative member of a professional learning community.
- have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills with both adults and children.
- have experience in the following areas:
- teaching in an elementary primary classroom
- employing teaching approaches that are responsive to learning needs and best practices.
- integrating a Christian worldview with curriculum and pedagogy
To apply, please forward the following:
- letter of introduction
- statement of faith
- a recent teaching evaluation, if available
- practicum reports, if available
- copy of current-year TRB certification
- Contact information for three references. Not all referees need to comment on the same aspects but taken together, please ensure that the referees are able to offer insight on character, Christian faith, teaching experience, and passion for working with young people.
Application materials should be sent to Heidi Young-Thompson (Principal) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by June 5th will be given priority consideration.